CSJ supplier needed North Sheffield

Moonbird

The shop is technically on Deep lane, Shiregreen but most people would better understand it as Wooley wood bottom, or Ecclesfield road, if you go down Bellhouse Rd way down to the bottom you will see it almost opposite but slightly to the right, its a great shop and the people are lovely I have since found out that they will also deliver free locally...fabulous!

Brilliant! Thanks for that I'll give them a ring!x

Hi,

We are actually in the process of setting up an online shop that will sell CSJ and all sorts of dog accessories. We should have this up and running in 8 weeks or so and will include delivery options also.

We will let you know once we have everything. If you want some asap we can order it in for you - just PM me and I can let you know as we already have an account set up.

Thanks

Chris

I am not sure why there is such support on here for CSJ. The first (heaviest) ingredient is wheat when it should be meat. It also contains maize which dogs have difficulty digesting and utilising. Beet pulp is nothing much at all - just waste material from the brewing industry. Can't find how much meat it's got in it and what type. Labelling on dog food is all important - it should be clear and precise. Which Dog Food doesn't rate it highly.

I am not sure why there is such support on here for CSJ. The first (heaviest) ingredient is wheat when it should be meat. It also contains maize which dogs have difficulty digesting and utilising. Beet pulp is nothing much at all - just waste material from the brewing industry. Can't find how much meat it's got in it and what type. Labelling on dog food is all important - it should be clear and precise. Which Dog Food doesn't rate it highly.

That's a bit too generalized a sentence, considering CSJ has a range of different dog foods. For example, Wholemeal Mixer contains chicken fat and states to mix with dry or fresh meat/fish - that one does NOT contain maize or rices, but does contain gluten.

Then there's No Grainer! which lists a few different meat meals all resulting in making up 4% of the mix, and again contain no cereals whatsoever.

I myself have the CP21 Salmon which is a more hypoallergenic food because of my dogs itchy skin issues.

That was based on the the adult formula _ link.

It's not the worst food but there are three fillers/carbohydrate sources there which are not of much use to the dog. One of the tests of a good quality food is that the poo should not be copious and it should be firm, leaving very little residue when picked up. Firm poo helps them to empty their anal glands. A lot of these grain/filler heavy foods give the opposite effect.

On the subject of hypoallergenic food there are so many that claim to be this but tbh I don't understand what they mean by it, maybe because they don't define the term. I assume it is wheat free.

The whole subject of dog food is contentious but it is not helped by unclear labelling. I prefer a company that displays clearly the exact quantities and type of ingredient.

@spotty dog - Maybe I didn't look hard enough but I checked the website earlier and was not able to locate the exact recipe - it should not be hidden but easy to find and clear.

That was based on the the adult formula _ link.

It's not the worst food but there are three fillers/carbohydrate sources there which are not of much use to the dog. One of the tests of a good quality food is that the poo should not be copious and it should be firm, leaving very little residue when picked up. Firm poo helps them to empty their anal glands. A lot of these grain/filler heavy foods give the opposite effect.

On the subject of hypoallergenic food there are so many that claim to be this but tbh I don't understand what they mean by it, maybe because they don't define the term. I assume it is wheat free.

The whole subject of dog food is contentious but it is not helped by unclear labelling. I prefer a company that displays clearly the exact quantities and type of ingredient.

@spotty dog - Maybe I didn't look hard enough but I checked the website earlier and was not able to locate the exact recipe - it should not be hidden but easy to find and clear.

All 5 of the dogs we've had on the adult Champ! have had good firm poo's. Not at all loose. Same with our one on the CP21 Salmon, although his poo does smell a bit more pongey and his breath constantly smells like fish now (he has actual salmon added with the biscuit, and an oil full of omega etc.).

Hypoallergenic does mean without some cereal products sometimes, but it is mainly to do with the protein as that is what most dogs have issues with. Salmon is a good common protein for this, as most dogs are very unlikely to have issues with it. The key is either using proteins they are not used to - like venison (not a common dog food protein used) or very very small molecule amounts of 'normal' protein like chicken.

My dogs all 4 have good poo with CSJ adult champ, its very rarely sloppy at all, if it is its usually down to something else that they have eaten :suspect: and I don't think that they do masses of poo either.

I really have nothing to gain by saying so but I do find it to be a very good food and wouldn't change it for anything else, it worked wonders on my Sisters lurcher that was under weight and had terrible digestive problems, it is so easy to digest that mine and her dog could just start it right away without any resultant digestive troubles.

In my honest opinion its a really good, affordable food, unless they change it I never will.

Is there a reason why you all prefer champ? Iv looked at the ingredients & that'll do has chicken meal listed as the first ingredient where as champ has wheat as the first ingredient.

Depends whether you want a little less fat and protein, i suppose.

As i said, i use CP21 Salmon because of allergies - the high content of chicken in That'll do would be an issue for us, as that protein could add to his problems.

Archived