Paypal quick question

You need to remember that you don't get the online protection using Paypal that you get using a credit card.

Paypal is perfectly safe, if you're buying, as in most disputes on eBay etc, they tend to side with the buyer rather than the seller.

Meaning? So its safer to use credit card rather than paypal?

It's much safer to use a credit card, not a debit card though, as under financial regulations the contract is between the seller and the credit card company. This means that if the seller doesn't not provide you with the goods, or they steal money off you, the credit card company will refund you, and then chase the seller to recoup their money.

This explains it a bit better.

Section 75 was created as part of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and on a credit card, does offer a high level of protection........this means your credit card company must take responsibility if things go wrong with a purchase between £100 - £30,000.

Paypal pay 2 amounts in by the way, not debit them! Usually a couple of pence :) x

(ot they used to at least, I've used it for years, no problems)

The thing to watch when using your bank account rather than a card would be that the money doesn't come out instantly, and can take up to a week, sometimes resulting in me being overdrawn if I forgot to leave in enough to cover the purchase :hihi:

None of the information that PayPal hold about you is disclosed to the people that you're paying- just your email address and that you have sent them a payment associated with a particular order number of theirs.

:huh: When i receive some paypal payments from people, their name and address appears .

Archived