If you could vote on the future of benefits, how would you vote?

What should happen to benefit payments in the UK?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen to benefit payments in the UK?

• Benefit payments should be increased
    • Benefit payments should be decreased
    • Benefits should be stopped
    • Benefit claiments where possible should do menial jobs for their payments
    • Benefits should only be paid in vouchers
    • Other - Please state

But you still scoff at people who pay taxes to keep you in benefits .

If they didn't keep constantly slagging me off for being officially part of the unemployment stats despite having worked in voluntary capacity for 21 years, I wouldn't scoff at them.

Works both ways mate, they want respect off me? Let them show ME some form of respect back.. :rolleyes:

If there is anything left after paying for their essentials, then too much benefit is being paid. See above.

no it isn't, everyone's circumstances and situation is different and some people may be able to budget properly and/or have the ability to grow some or all of their food, and/or have a very energy efficient home etc

Nothing like tarring everyone with the same brush is there?

No brush taring anywhere in my post.

Like i said, FOR THOSE WHO HAVE VERY LITTLE MONEY AND ARENT GOOD WITH MONEY!

See?

Not everyone.

No brush taring. Im sorry your on benefits but that isnt my fault.

If people need help budgeting they can ask. Vouchers represent the state treating adults like children and removing their dignity and self direction.

I dont see it that way.

I have no probelm using money off vouchers, free vouchers, twofor vouchers, they all save money so im happy. If i were to be given vouchers for food and to pay my bills id be pretty happy. It would help me budget thus taking one more stress out of my life and enable me more time to look for a job.

Oh?

Having been at that particular coalface (in this country), with bills, a mortgage, a newly-pregnant and newly-made-unemployed wife, newly-made-unemployed myself (in both cases abusively) and -surprise, surprise- both of us ineligible for any kind of benefit, unfortunately you'll find me much less than receptive to namby pamby -type arguments.

Do you mean in the UK L00b? Or France? In the same circumstances what would happen in France?

no it isn't, everyone's circumstances and situation is different and some people may be able to budget properly and/or have the ability to grow some or all of their food, and/or have a very energy efficient home etc
Good for them. Per my previous post replying in part to Halibut, I don't expect they're the 'types' for whom vouchers are being proposed.

And, as you rightly point out, it makes a case for "benefits by type", not a single-payment-per-benefit-type-catches-all.

I.e., if you do some or all of the above (budget/grow food/make house energy efficient), then you need less benefits than others who can't. It's expensive to administer, though, so the principle of dimishing returns applies.

If they didn't keep constantly slagging me off for being officially part of the unemployment stats despite having worked in voluntary capacity for 21 years, I wouldn't scoff at them.

Works both ways mate, they want respect off me? Let them show ME some form of respect back.. :rolleyes:

Aaah voluntary work for 21 years; "justification" for your benefits, but without the pressure and accountability of a paid job. Genius.

Archived