If you could vote on the future of benefits, how would you vote?

What should happen to benefit payments in the UK?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen to benefit payments in the UK?

• Benefit payments should be increased
    • Benefit payments should be decreased
    • Benefits should be stopped
    • Benefit claiments where possible should do menial jobs for their payments
    • Benefits should only be paid in vouchers
    • Other - Please state

That's another issue I see with benefits, there is a benefit for this, a benefit for that and one for the other too.

It would be much easier if all the various benefits were amalgamated into one benefit.

I also think benefit payment details should be available for everyone to view.

Won't happen, cry about it all you want...

Benefits are here to stay for the duration, no amount of crying from Daily Fail readers will ever change that! It's a factual FACT! :D

I dont think anyones crying about it:confused:

Bye the way dont you think you should ease up with the 'daily fail' thing now? :)

As there are a lot of benefit related threads at the moment, I thought I would start a poll seeing how the masses would vote if there was a vote on the future of benefits.

I don't get this other than some sort of prejudiced thing..

"Benefit claiments where possible should do menial jobs for their payments"

Any chance they could do any job other than "menial" should the occasion arise or where possible?

I don't get this other than some sort of prejudiced thing..

"Benefit claiments where possible should do menial jobs for their payments"

Any chance they could do any job other than "menial" should the occasion arise or where possible?

The only reason I mentioned menial jobs is if they have the occasion to do other jobs than menial, why aint they got a job??

As there are a lot of benefit related threads at the moment, I thought I would start a poll seeing how the masses would vote if there was a vote on the future of benefits.

I voted other as well as menial jobs and vouchers.

The reason being that I think the working for it and the vouchers (or card) should only come into affect after 6 months claiming.

Tough vote really. If you punish the professional dole-ites you'll really only punish their kids. But we need to take a stand don't we or we'll just have another generation of workshy ? I mean, bishops are bleating that the equivalent of a 35k a year job (500 quid a week) cap is too low. Can't be right can it ? However I'd be interested to know how much the overall bill is for benefits is and how much this cap will save. Would it all be a diversion to save a realitivly small amount of money.

Archived