If you could vote on the future of benefits, how would you vote?

What should happen to benefit payments in the UK?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen to benefit payments in the UK?

• Benefit payments should be increased
    • Benefit payments should be decreased
    • Benefits should be stopped
    • Benefit claiments where possible should do menial jobs for their payments
    • Benefits should only be paid in vouchers
    • Other - Please state

So what would make you start looking for work, Rich? Don't you think there's a stigma in relying on the state to fund your chosen lifestyle?

You're behaving like a total tosser; Rich didn't choose to have Asperger's or the other problems he has to live with.

Pray tell which word you would have used, hotshot?
I'd probably have asked him to reflect on his comments and think if they were appropriate, given the circumstances.

Perhaps I just think it's puerile to stoop to the level of rude name calling. Some people do so at every opportunity, but I guess that's part of the great diversity of mankind, and serves to remind me that I'm better than such people - which in turn gives me a warm, superior feeling deep inside.

i Think Its totally ludiruss how anyone can put something like this on a forum? its obviosly been put on by someone in work, so hence very biased, i would also say that why do people in work always talk like they have a job for life? We are in a recession a very bad one!! how would you feel if after 20 years of hard work you suddenly found you were loosing your job? And after numerous attempts to belittle the benefits system you found out that after redundancy there was no walfare state money for you so you can provide for your family? I myself refuse to vote!!!!

You're behaving like a total tosser; Rich didn't choose to have Asperger's or the other problems he has to live with.

So you're saying people with Asperger's should be allowed to live a life of luxury on benefits without ever having to look for work?

We all have little quirks and idiosyncracies, it doesn't mean we don't have to work for a living!

no rickie the cat im not say who should get what and there circimstances im saying its always the tax payers that pull the walfare state to pieces, its there to help if you need it, so why pull it to bits, no one ever knows if they will need it at some point im not saying people should make a living out of it, the main problem we have is that the amount you get depending on your circumstances looks attractive to people, more lucrative than working, well this is quite true, but you can ask any mp and they will tell you that benefit rates are based on a very basic living, if for some reason this amount is twice as much as the minimum wage, then we have a problem. its not the benefits system thats at fault its the miserly companies that pay the wages. and you got to agree that the workers have had to take a lot of credit on to get by, thay have caused this global slow down not people on benefits. its the workers who are very under paid!!! Taxpayers paid billions out to bail the banks out, the banks are now making billions again, Whats the average man on the street got out of it?

you work hard for 45 years to get an old age pension and all you get is about £65 a week from it, my last job had a pension scheme that was indexed linked, £400 a month went into my pension, when i retire after 25 years it was still only going to make me a pension of £600 a month! so they all slag the welfare state off but they will all be drawing benefits when there 65!!!!!!

. . . . its not the benefits system thats at fault its the miserly companies that pay the wages. . . . . . ?
Many companies spend more than half of their turnover on wages, and only make a small percentage overall profit. How are they expected to pay more?

The wages are only too low if people on low incomes expect the trappings and comforts of a successful higher income. These days it seems to be widely expected for basic wage to provide people with everything they want - and that's just wrong. Basic wage should be just that - basic and low, or there is no incentive for people to work harder and achieve more.

Many companies spend more than half of their turnover on wages, and only make a small percentage overall profit. How are they expected to pay more?

The wages are only too low if people on low incomes expect the trappings and comforts of a successful higher income. These days it seems to be widely expected for basic wage to provide people with everything they want - and that's just wrong. Basic wage should be just that - basic and low, or there is no incentive for people to work harder and achieve more.

If you believe that you're a bigger prat than which people previously gave you credit for.

Archived