Sheffield's Best Kebab House Megathread

mikey

theres no doubt in my mind!!!

1. nether edge kebab house (by pops)

the chicken tikka, in naan, with salad, mayonnaise and chilli sauce.

nothing else touches em, and ive had five years of sheffield kebab sampling!

2. Alifs (ecclesall road)

classic donner in naan, salad, mint sauce, chilli

its the bread they use, and the nice little side portion of salad so you can construct it yourself...very tasty...but not king

3. kebabish (london road)

special mention, pretty fine establishment, the place next door is good too but only when they have their special cream-coloured chicken donner..not to be missed

donnerlicious is good too, clean and cheap! and chilli chicken have got new owners, so might improve a bit!!

anyway, thats what i reckon...if you can point me towards a finer place than the NE KH im there on the weekend;)

had a really good one from this place on division street last night, dunno what it was called cos i was really hammered but it was on the left as you walk up (opposite side to rocky horror shop) and i think it was yellow on the outside and was quite big inside. Had mixed kebab and chicken was really nice and the donna meat wasnt that usual greasy stuff either. Unfortunately wont help my diet any tho!

hazel xx

Yo lil Bradders - there's about a squillion kebab threads now dude. Elif's always has to be number one, and I agree with the NEKH - although their chilli sauce is somewhat tart. Recommend always going for a roti over a naan there btw - avoids the too-much-bread syndrome.

But I would recommend Kebab World in Broomhill. I'd say they have the best kebabs in Shef after Elif.

Word.

p.s. Regarding Chilli Chicken, did the previous management die in some kind of gang-related massacre (argument over 'Bassline' perhaps). They once took 45 minutes to make me a pizza, which was burnt. Probably overseeing a shipment of knocked-off fags or summat. Bizarre.

Archived