Sheffield's Best Kebab House Megathread

mikey

Can't think of the name but theres a great kebab place on South Rd in Walkley. I think its Supreme grill or something like that. The owner makes his own Donner and its really nice and meaty made from 100% lamb not beef/lamb mix like so many are. Well worth a visit, I do and its miles away from me.

Yes it was caled Supreme Grill, I know that the original owners (friends of mine) had the shop from approx 1985 until about 12 months ago. I used to work there the odd night when I left school, and I can tell you the Kebabs are 100% hand made from lamb breast. Mohammed and Hamid owned the shop like I said and made most things from scratch. Mohammed's home made chili sauce was amazing, couldn't handle a lot of it though !!!

One of them now has a shop selling computers (Langsett Computers, Langsett Rd) and the other one has the shop next door selling catering equipment. They sold the business on South Rd, due to too many years of unsociable ours. I would not agree that the Kebabs are the worst ever (like someone commented) they were spot on in my book, all made by hand in the back, and not bought from a frozen foods supplier, like most of them do.

just had a lamb/chicken tikka 'bab from the nether edge kebab house, and once again can confirm that this place rocks my spicey meat world!

superb!

hey stef, these magazines are everywhere these days!!

"The Daily Naan" had this to say:

"from the squelchy first succulent bite, to the satisfying mess of chilli and food dye around my beard, this was one monster i enjoyed snogging."

• 1 month later...

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!

How long 'til this gets merged?

It's all been done before. But I feel the need to contribute anyway:

Best places:

1. Elif

2. Kebab World

3. Nether Edge kebab house

The inferior Kebabish on London Road is rank.

Worst kebab places:

1. Just Halal kebabs, the Wicker

2. Pizza and Kebab house, Abbeydale Road

3. Whatever the name of the place eyretile is probably trying to promote

I thank you.

Archived