389 members of our armed forces now killed in Afghan since we invaded

Is this unacceptable ? I think it is. It will be 400 by Christmas at this rate. This terrible war is now unwinnable and we should be withdrawing our forces ASAP. These losses are not sustainable and the price of this war is now far to high in terms of human life and monetary costs to the UK.

400 in 10 years not sustainable ? That's a 4 a year. I bet more soldiers die in car crashes. Yes I'd pull out, but alot of soldiers think there is a job to finish, but I'd remove all ground troops and just do air strikes as and when. Afghanistan is a dump, now bin liners snuffed is somewhere we can happily leave.

400 in 10 years not sustainable ? That's a 4 a year.

Actually forty a year, which may affect your arguments somewhat; but the more important point, in any event, is surely to ask what is the alternative. If we hadn't invaded and removed the Taleban government that were hosting and aiding terrorists, would the death toll be higher or lower?

Is this unacceptable ? I think it is. It will be 400 by Christmas at this rate. This terrible war is now unwinnable and we should be withdrawing our forces ASAP. These losses are not sustainable and the price of this war is now far to high in terms of human life and monetary costs to the UK.

The losses are sustainable but the war is unwinnable. In a few years the countries with troops still in there will do a deal with the Taleban and others to hand over power. The Taleban will then just carry on doing what it's doing now, fighting a constant war of attrition to get itself back into government.

Actually forty a year, which may affect your arguments somewhat; but the more important point, in any event, is surely to ask what is the alternative. If we hadn't invaded and removed the Taleban government that were hosting and aiding terrorists, would the death toll be higher or lower?

I'd like to say that was a typo. It wasnt but I'd like to say it was. The Taliban needed taking out but now bin liner is dead I'd restrict to air strikes only. Al qieda are now only a threat if you are the wrong sort of Muslim.

The US Forces may beat everyone else in withdrawing as the Committee of 12 in Washington have failed to reach any agreement on slashing 1 trillion dollars in spending cuts. Failure to reach an agreement means that drastic spending cuts across the board go immediately into effect and billions will be slashed from the pentagon budget which will result in a "hollowed out military"

One source was quoted as saying that the US army will be downsized to it's lowest level since 1940.

I keep seeing the death toll rising but just as important I think I do not see the figures for the seriously wounded. or dare the m.o.d. not release this figure, I think it would make more people question what is happening. that said I give my full support to the armed forces for the job they are doing.

Archived