389 members of our armed forces now killed in Afghan since we invaded

And it's an illegal war under international law.

So much for gobby Yanks and their 'freedom' and 'democracy'? (And lapdog Brits)

It’s not a war; we are there by invitation and all these countries aren’t breaking international law.

United States (47.085)

United Kingdom (9.500)

Germany (4.415)

France (3.750)

Italy (3.150)

Canada (2.830)

Poland (1.955)

Netherlands (1.940)

Australia (1.550)

Spain (1.070)

Denmark (750)

It’s not a war; we are there by invitation

We may be there now by invitation, but we absolutely were not invited by the government of the time. In fact, the government of the time merely requested that the USA provide some sort of evidence - any sort of evidence - to show that Afghanistan was indeed a base for al-Qa'eda. The USA refused to offer any and invaded the country instead.

And it's an illegal war under international law.

So much for gobby Yanks and their 'freedom' and 'democracy'? (And lapdog Brits)

Yeah well I'm all for withdrwal also. When the taleban take power again it's Europe and the UK who'll be getting thousands of asylum seekers flocking to your shores. Better start building a lot more mosques

We may be there now by invitation, but we absolutely were not invited by the government of the time. In fact, the government of the time merely requested that the USA provide some sort of evidence - any sort of evidence - to show that Afghanistan was indeed a base for al-Qa'eda. The USA refused to offer any and invaded the country instead.

What would have been the point in proving something the Taliban already new?

How would it have changed anything?

The war is more about a transference of wealth from the taxpayer to multi-national military contractors.

The soldiers,well they are over there,breathing in radio-active depleted uranium dust from the bullets,shells etc.

389 soldiers dead and how many/all sick from this WMD. [depleted uranium]

It’s not a war; we are there by invitation and all these countries aren’t breaking international law.

United States (47.085)

United Kingdom (9.500)

Germany (4.415)

France (3.750)

Italy (3.150)

Canada (2.830)

Poland (1.955)

Netherlands (1.940)

Australia (1.550)

Spain (1.070)

Denmark (750)

The proiblem with this is the fact that the brunt of the fighting is being born by the UK and US Forces. Current US casualties are around 4,000 including killed and injured.

I believe the Canadian troops have already been wirhdrawn and the German government dont want their troops exposed to combat.

It annoys me when I've heard on the news about the odd and rare casualty among these other nationalities and their people start squawking about what a terrible war it is and they should pull out and leave it all to the US.

No one was complaining when there were a quarter of a million US troops stationed in Europe during the Cold War. I imagine any amount of casualties would have been acceptable if they had died trying to hold off the Soviet forces.

Archived