43 average age for first time buyer.

I saw a house sold for £55,000 at auction today-and a couple paid cash.They arrived by tandem ,ate sandwiches and shopped at Jack Fultons,did not smoke drink and were Polish hotel-workers who saved alltheir earnings.They told me it took them 3 years saviing £180 per week-their wages after tax and free board what agreat example of enterprise and sacrifice.The looks on other punters mugs were pictures-brilliant!Apparently there is a cache of such buyers cashing in,and when they return to Gdansk they will be letting the house to UK citizens.

I saw a house sold for £55,000 at auction today-and a couple paid cash.They arrived by tandem ,ate sandwiches and shopped at Jack Fultons,did not smoke drink and were Polish hotel-workers who saved alltheir earnings.They told me it took them 3 years saviing £180 per week-their wages after tax and free board what agreat example of enterprise and sacrifice.The looks on other punters mugs were pictures-brilliant!Apparently there is a cache of such buyers cashing in,and when they return to Gdansk they will be letting the house to UK citizens.

Well they'll be out of the reach of Chem1st there :)

If a million council houses are to be sold, then presumably they will be sold to the million council tenants who occupy them.

The number of people in the group who need council houses will fall by 1 million, exactly in line with the reduction in the number of houses.

If 100,000 new council houses are built, then those additional houses will help to supply a demand from a smaller pool of potential renters.

Where's the problem?

That makes perfect sense to me clearly Grandad.Malky isn't that good at maths.

Because people are waiting 20 years+ for a council house ……….. every one sold means a longer wait.

If a million council houses are to be sold, then presumably they will be sold to the million council tenants who occupy them.

The number of people in the group who need council houses will fall by 1 million, exactly in line with the reduction in the number of houses.

If 100,000 new council houses are built, then those additional houses will help to supply a demand from a smaller pool of potential renters.

Where's the problem?

The problem comes when the coucil houses are sold to the private sector,and the new tenants buy them.They are two teachers who have a small family,but the family of six who were on the waiting list remain there swelling the numbers on the list.This happens with a further 25,000 houses creating an extra 100000 people without a home.You must dsitinguish between the households and the composition of those households.

That makes perfect sense to me clearly Grandad.Malky isn't that good at maths.

Malky knows his maths he also knows the difference between social housing and private housing ……….. how many people sell their council house once they have bought it, one less house for those in need. One less house for those that cant get a mortgage.

Archived