Osborne may be considering a pension raid

I thought you were in favour of the wealthiest people contributing more?

So am I, but I don't think that discouraging people from making provision for retirement is a very good plan.

That said, it isn't a very good article either. It read to me as though it was almost totally made up.

Indeed I am but there's nothing better to stop the squealing about Gordon Brown than a pension raid by one of their 'own'.

I don't get why the private pension holders tolerate such poor performance by their fund managers. Their incompetence has removed far more from pension pots than Gordon Brown ever did.

So am I, but I don't think that discouraging people from making provision for retirement is a very good plan.

That said, it isn't a very good article either. It read to me as though it was almost totally made up.

Well what wasn't made up was Greedy Gordon's pension grab of 1997 which has up to now robbed around £100,000,000,000 out of our pension funds.

Let me say that again in case anyone didn't grasp those figures.

GORDON BROWN'S TAXES TOOK ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND MILLION POUNDS FROM OUR PENSION FUNDS.

Well what wasn't made up was Greedy Gordon's pension grab of 1997 which has up to now robbed around £100,000,000,000 out of our pension funds.

Let me say that again in case anyone didn't grasp those figures.

GORDON BROWN'S TAXES TOOK ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND MILLION POUNDS FROM OUR PENSION FUNDS.

You can say it as many times as you like but nothing was robbed out of pension funds.

You can say it as many times as you like but nothing was robbed out of pension funds.

And you can lie about it as many times as you like but he did. (Well by now it is nearer £120 Billion).

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/pensions/article-1603390/Browns-pension-raid-cost-savers-pound100bn.html

Brown's pension raid 'cost savers £100bn'

Gordon Brown's ruthless raid on pension schemes has cost the country's savers at least £100bn, a report claimed yesterday.

For the first time, the devastating impact of the Chancellor's controversial tax grab in 1997 has been revealed.

He scrapped the tax relief on dividends paid into pension funds just a few weeks after Labour came to power. Shadow Home Secretary David Davis has described the move as one of the 'great scandals of the last decade'.

The report, from Terry Arthur, a fellow of the Institute of Actuaries, warns the decision has cost Britain's pension savers at least £100bn. This is equal to the entire annual economic output of Ireland, or 50 years of Tesco's annual profits at £2bn a year.

But as the title of your thread is just a lie about something that may or may not even be in someon'e mind. Telling lies seems to be something of a speciality of yours.

Archived