Wig `n`Pen on ITV

jemson

Good to see the chef from there triumping on the Best Dish show this evening and beating a giant of chef-ing!

Anyone eaten there recently?

Fancy it but it`d have to be for a special occasion. Had a drink there and even the beer was nice!

I had a pre-theatre meal there a couple of weeks ago, and it was very nice. Portions were quite small but well-cooked with a good mix of flavours. Wine served by the glass was pretty good.

I would be keener to go back for a full meal but for the bizarrely low-lighting levels in the little restaurant area. Everyone was using their phones to see the menus and we could barely see the food. After a waitress was persuaded to turn up the lighting, someone else came along and turned it back down! It was also a little loud (music and voices) on the Friday evening we were in, but is probably quieter on other nights.

Interesting what some of you are saying about it being a bit loud. I said the same about it on another thread and was met with some surprised comments from someone on here who appears to be quite knowledgable about eating out.

I went in one Friday or Saturday with my wife and it looked nice, but it was very rowdy, lots of big gobby blokes doing what many blokes choose to do when they are out with their all male friends - make a lot of noise and show off.

Not my idea of a place to go and enjoy a nice meal and conversation. Maybe ok on quieter nights though? I dunno.

I went there for lunch a few weeks ago on Saturday (around 12ish) and it was quiet so perhaps the noise could be down to the time you visit?

I saw Bill Bailey in there too.

Food was excellent and I can't wait to go again.

Archived