Sheffield stag do - pub recommendations

Smcinnes

Hi,

I'm bringing 10 fine gentlemen to your fair town this coming weekend for a stag do. We're off Potholing on the Saturday at Hathersage and then looking for a curry house and some fun pubs in the town centre before hitting a nightclub.

I have fond memories of staying with a friend at uni in Sheffield for Pyjama Jumps in the early nineties. They were crazy nights! I vaguely recall a pub that sold horribly overstrength beer. The was definitely a Frog in the name ah yes theFrog and Parrot with Roger And Out beer. Memory get hazy after that point in the evening... Is that still going on?

So I'm rambling now but I loved visiting the town then and I hope it's still a great place to visit for a day and a night out. Can anyone recommend a central street/ area that has a good set of pubs and a curry house to visit?

Thanks

Simon

Hi,

I'm bringing 10 fine gentlemen to your fair town this coming weekend for a stag do. We're off Potholing on the Saturday at Hathersage and then looking for a curry house and some fun pubs in the town centre before hitting a nightclub.

I have fond memories of staying with a friend at uni in Sheffield for Pyjama Jumps in the early nineties. They were crazy nights! I vaguely recall a pub that sold horribly overstrength beer. The was definitely a Frog in the name ah yes theFrog and Parrot with Roger And Out beer. Memory get hazy after that point in the evening... Is that still going on?

So I'm rambling now but I loved visiting the town then and I hope it's still a great place to visit for a day and a night out. Can anyone recommend a central street/ area that has a good set of pubs and a curry house to visit?

Thanks

Simon

That`ll be the Frog and Parrot on Division Street. It`s still there and refurbed but ok. A few good pubs there and nearby - Old House, Forum and Dev Cat. Go West Street if you want more `towny` type pubs.

Well personally I'd go to either Nirmals or Aagrah for your curry. Both serve fantastic food, Nirmals is a lot smaller but the owners are lovely and the lamb masalam is to die for.

And then it depends what kind of stag do you're after. Is it going to be a 'crazy' one? Or just men about the town?

That`ll be the Frog and Parrot on Division Street. It`s still there and refurbed but ok. A few good pubs there and nearby - Old House, Forum and Dev Cat. Go West Street if you want more `towny` type pubs.

I'm not sure what a towny pub is but it sounds like Division St has all we need. Ill probably be ready for bed after 4 pints anyway! We will start there and go with the flow.

Thanks all for your replies.

Simon

Archived