Another reason to legalise drugs

I've heard some real stupidity from pro drug users over the tears and this thread is no different.

All these foolish ideas rely on ignoring basic facts.

So, lets say we were stupid enough to legalise all drug use in the UJK; what happens?

The druggies still can't hold down a job so will still steal for their fix.

There are many countries that won't be legalising drugs for a very long time or never, so the drug lords will still be at it but the silly on here would furnish them with an excuse for growing/producing so even harder to get them convicted.

How do the foolish druggies react to that?

I've heard some real stupidity from pro drug users over the tears and this thread is no different.

Oh, you mean the fact that prohibition costs us money we can't afford, encourages the creation of impure, unregulated substances, criminalises drug users who are at worst harming nobody but themselves and in the scheme of things does nothing to reduce the proliferation of drugs, merely puts up the price and empowers meddling cartels.

So, lets say we were stupid enough to legalise all drug use in the UJK; what happens?

A lot of them probably would still steal for their fix (what's your point? Nobody is claiming legalisation is a magic wand), but if we did it right and introduced competition to the markets, eliminating the monopolistic cartels, the prices should ultimately come down so they would be less inclined to steal.

Lesser of two evils - do you understand that concept?

There are many countries that won't be legalising drugs for a very long time or never, so the drug lords will still be at it but the silly on here would furnish them with an excuse for growing/producing so even harder to get them convicted.

Legalisation would either put them out of business due to the vast increase in competition pulling prices down, or it would encourage them to move their enterprise into the legal realm and compete within a similar regulated marketplace as the alcohol companies.

You mean the weak minded fools that use drugs cost..........

Of course, if nobody took drugs, the cost of criminalising them would be far lower! But let's return to the real world - people will take drugs till the end of time. Once we fully accept that, we will start treating it as a public health and cultural issue, not a criminal issue. We will understand that the best thing we can do is attempt to minimise the negative effects of drug use.

The argument against prohibition is that it isn't an effective way of minimising the negative effects of drug use. In fact, it creates more problems than it solves.

You've heard a lot of sensible comments but you think they're stupid because of your prejudices.

No, you are.

Not true, and you've been shown the evidence to prove the opposite more times than I can remember.

Legalise it and there wouldn't be any drug lords.

How do the foolish druggies react to that?

React to your hyperbole, by just dismantling your weak arguments and exposing your misinformation.

React to your hyperbole, by just dismantling your weak arguments and exposing your misinformation.

Misinfo?

I assume you have proposed dates for Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia to legalise drugs for the stupid.

Those countries won't be doing that daftness any time soon so your argument regarding drug producers is a pile of rubbish.

You can't answer that one so you try to ignore the question as usual.

Was there a question in there... I don't see a question mark.

Obviously your assumption is incorrect and typically foolish, the point that was made was that legalising drug production would remove the drug lord, to reply that it won't be legalised in certain countries is to miss the point, something you should be used to by now.

Was there a question in there... I don't see a question mark.

Obviously your assumption is incorrect and typically foolish, the point that was made was that legalising drug production would remove the drug lord, to reply that it won't be legalised in certain countries is to miss the point, something you should be used to by now.

You say legalising drugs would stop the crime.

I say it won't because, even if the UK legalised, other countries will not so the killings and so on will continue but give the murderous drug produces an excuse.

Please explain how the criminals would be put out of business, and the mass killings stop, if the UK legalised drugs.

Please go on to explain how your ideas would work if they did not.

Of course, I expect some smug reply, if any, because you can't answer that one.

You say legalising drugs would stop the crime.

I say it won't because, even if the UK legalised, other countries will not so the killings and so on will continue but give the murderous drug produces an excuse.

Please explain how the criminals would be put out of business, and the mass killings stop, if the UK legalised drugs.

Please go on to explain how your ideas would work if they did not.

Of course, I expect some smug reply, if any, because you can't answer that one.

Because it'd require changes in UN treaties, therefore other countries would have the option to legalise drugs too.

In countries where these killings happen a lot, like Mexico & Columbia a lot of people want drugs legalised to put an end to it, but they're bound by UN treaties & there is a lot of pressure from other sources to keep them illegal too.

There might be less need to import drugs as it'd be easier to produce them here & we could even ban imports from countries where drugs were still illegal & controlled by criminal gangs.

Archived