Another reason to legalise drugs

True, but that's only because you're question is completely retarded, not too surprising really.

I mean, are you actually serious? Is that actually you're attempt at an argument? Or is this just a joke?

"If the crime is a genuine reason for legalising, why don't all drug users stop until it's actually legal?" :hihi:

You cannot be serious, surely?

I knew you and your pals couldn't answer.

I'm just confused how you believe it comes down to legality as if that is the be all end all. If chocolate was made illegal tommorow would you want everyone who secretly continues to eat it hung as well just because it is the law?
I dont agree with every law, but I accept that as part of a democracy I have to accept the overall deal, not just cherry pick the laws I want to obey and the ones I don't.

Once you choose to disobey some laws because you don't like them, you're starting on a subversive route that can lead to no good - remember that most people are appalled by illegal drugs and would never want them legalised. An extreme comparison is with the people who want the age of consent reducing significantly because they think it should be legal to have sex with children just out of puberty - their view on their currently illegal desire is no different in principle to your view on yours.

I dont agree with every law, but I accept that as part of a democracy I have to accept the overall deal, not just cherry pick the laws I want to obey and the ones I don't.

Once you choose to disobey some laws because you don't like them, you're starting on a subversive route that can lead to no good - remember that most people are appalled by illegal drugs and would never want them legalised. An extreme comparison is with the people who want the age of consent reducing significantly because they think it should be legal to have sex with children just out of puberty - their view on their currently illegal desire is no different in principle to your view on yours.

I don't thin kyou can compare drug use with pedophilia, that's just a ruse to make them sound as if they are bad as each other which they are clearly not.

Sexual acts with the young are wrong because it is an older person taking advantage of someone who hasn't matured and isn't in a position to really know what they are doing.

A person taking drugs is nothing like this. The only person harmed is themselves.

An extreme comparison is with the people who want the age of consent reducing significantly because they think it should be legal to have sex with children just out of puberty - their view on their currently illegal desire is no different in principle to your view on yours.

It is no comparison at all. Having sex with children has a victim. Rolling a plant into a piece of paper and breathing in the fumes has no victim at all. It is absurd to suggest otherwise.

If this is the level of argument that you have against legalisation then I feel we're taking some steps forwards.

But that answers nothing.

Drug supporters claim crime will stop but they won't stop until it's legal.

That can only mean the argument is a load of old cods.

It answers everything. Drug use exists, and idealising it away is silly. Thus, we should deal with the problems of drug use in society.

I maintain ALL dealers, large or small quantities, should die by hanging.

Maybe three ghosts will visit you this Christmas, and by the 25th you'll be a little wiser. :)

It answers everything. Drug use exists, and idealising it away is silly. Thus, we should deal with the problems of drug use in society.

I agree - hang the dealers.

Maybe three ghosts will visit you this Christmas, and by the 25th you'll be a little wiser. :)

Will it be the ghosts of three addicts or three people murdered in the drug supply chain?

Archived