Another reason to legalise drugs

It was a sad finish to a creative career;just think how much more he might have achieved had he been clean.

Equally, he wouldn't've done what he did if he was clean. I don't believe there is a single Kerouac fan who is in favour of prohibition. You just name dropped and got caught. :)

Equally, he wouldn't've done what he did if he was clean. I don't believe there is a single Kerouac fan who is in favour of prohibition. You just name dropped and got caught. :)

Same goes for many great musicians. There work wouldn't have been anything like it is today without the influence of drugs.

I am quite conversant with the work of Coleridge,Byron,Kerouac and other artists who have used drugs to positive effect.They have the advantage of intelligence and discrimination and have used drugs wisely.

Can you name the drugs that grow in the polar regions?The UK has mushrooms,aspirin and juniper berries but little else of significance.

Lichen. It's not widely known, and the putatively active agents are unknown, but the research is happening right now.

Not if the right of appeal is stopped after the first try.

... which is moving the goal-posts somewhat :huh:, and not in any way that is likely to happen in civilised countries.

Removing the right to appeal death sentencing after the first try for anything, would be nothing more than retrogression, not to mention quite clearly, ridiculous.

The price would be so high, only the daftest would bother.

Perhaps, but people will take risks based on prospective gains... they do now when faced with lengthy prison sentences, and they make more money because of it, which was what I said.

I didn't realise there was death for moonshiners in the US.

Perhaps you could link to cases where the death penalty was imposed for dealing in alcohol.

I never said there was, I said 'when dealers make huge amounts of money, they buy anyone they want. It happened in the USA during prohibition'.

Perhaps you could also link to the street prices in countries where death is the normal punishment for dealers and compare them to prices in the UK.

This was answered later in the thread.

You claim a lot - prove it.

I don't think I've claimed that much.

I said that legal costs would be high for sentencing people to death, which I can link - you moved the goal posts to some kind of archaic system, that isn't in place here, and isn't likely to be.

I said that dealers make huge amounts of money when restrictions are high - I can link that.

I said that the dealers can buy people when they make huge amounts of money when restrictions are high - I can link that too.

Yep.

If the dealers are dead and the idiot users forced into hard labour, the wish will go away or will become impossible to fulfill.

The UK's problem is the soft attitude.

I'm sure most street dealers will decided it's a bad idea to continue business when they see their pals doing the Tyburn jig.

Thankfully, we are more likely to see drugs legalised than this stupid idea.

In fact we are more likely to see a chicken with teeth biting a unicorn's horn.

Same goes for many great musicians. There work wouldn't have been anything like it is today without the influence of drugs.

A lot like Joplin has enjoyed more fame as a consequence of their early demise,and hendrix sold more records and released more LPs after he died.I am not sure what drugs were used by Mozart,Donne and Betjeman!

Well can I assure you quite a few teetotal readers admire Kerouac and the Salt Lake City Saspirilla Society made him their honorary president.You will need to explain your last sentence -I presume it was meant to have some incisive qualities that have been blunted by my lack of perception.

Archived