Another reason to legalise drugs

Well can I assure you quite a few teetotal readers admire Kerouac

I've no doubt about that. I just don't think an admirer of Kerouac would be dictating to others what to do with their life. He personified a life without limits.

To explain my later line, you picked the names of some authors and didn't plan on one of them being a drop-out on-the-road alcoholic drug-using beatnik. You wanted to look clever and never considered anyone would pick up your mistake. :)

Look at KC ex Nirvana-he aint making much music now.He is in his quiet phase as they say!

Regardless of whether they are alive or dead. Their music has enhanced or even changed millions of peoples lives. Would have been a different story if they wasn't high at the time.

You keep mentioning people from the 27 club. You do know that there are loads of musicians that took drugs and didn't die, don't you?

Regardless of whether they are alive or dead. Their music has enhanced or even changed millions of peoples lives. Would have been a different story if they wasn't high at the time.

You keep mentioning people from the 27 club. You do know that there are loads of musicians that took drugs and didn't die, don't you?

Keith Richards is still going strong.

to be honest though we need more clean cut artists like cliff Richard. wholesome music!

I've no doubt about that. I just don't think an admirer of Kerouac would be dictating to others what to do with their life. He personified a life without limits.

To explain my later line, you picked the names of some authors and didn't plan on one of them being a drop-out on-the-road alcoholic drug-using beatnik. You wanted to look clever and never considered anyone would pick up your mistake. :)

I realise that JC was a drug user and have a copy of On the Road.I dont need to look clever thanks,as I am quite confident of my limited intellect.I think you will find many drug addicts are subject to a form of dictatorship.Moreover the most perceptive authors write and warn others of the dangers rather thann seeking to glamourise a life of craven dependency.Which camp do you lie in?

Keith Richards is still going strong.

to be honest though we need more clean cut artists like cliff Richard. wholesome music!

Keith Richards was a creative artist till about 1975 then the Stones became a pastiche,reworking old songs for the wedge.Since 1975 what has KR created?As he said in 1965

"Its All Over Now"

I realise that JC was a drug user and have a copy of On the Road.I dont need to look clever thanks,as I am quite confident of my limited intellect.I think you will find many drug addicts are subject to a form of dictatorship.Moreover the most perceptive authors write and warn others of the dangers rather thann seeking to glamourise a life of craven dependency.Which camp do you lie in?

Yes, I'd noticed it was rather limited too.

Read any Bukowski? Totally honest about the horrors of booze, but still manages to make full blown alcoholism somewhat amusing and appealing.

Clever trick, that.

They are alive but hardly creative anymore-Ozzy Osborne,Rick Wakeman,Bill Wyman,and Graham Bonzo Bond!

Archived