Another reason to legalise drugs

It wasn't a question, it was a statement. You said ''I think weak people who become dependent might be vulnerable.''

Can you explain what it means or is it a meaningless statement?

I think dependence implies vulnerasbility and the need to be protected like an endangered species.

Vulnerablilty to what?

I would like to receive a complete question;your post lacks a subject and cannot be addressed at present.

Here is the link for the simile which highlights your confusion

A simile is a figure of speech that directly compares two different things, usually by employing the words "like", "as".[1] Even though both similes and metaphors are forms of comparison, similes indirectly compare the two ideas and allow them to remain distinct in spite of their similarities, whereas metaphors compare two things directly. For instance, a simile that compares a person with a bullet would go as follows:

The person swam as fast as a bullet.

I have even personalised the comment to clarify:hihi:

I would like to receive a complete question;your post lacks a subject and cannot be addressed at present.

Here is the link for the simile which highlights your confusion

A simile is a figure of speech that directly compares two different things, usually by employing the words "like", "as".[1] Even though both similes and metaphors are forms of comparison, similes indirectly compare the two ideas and allow them to remain distinct in spite of their similarities, whereas metaphors compare two things directly. For instance, a simile that compares a person with a bullet would go as follows:

The person swam as fast as a bullet.

I have even personalised the comment to clarify:hihi:

I was referring, as you know, to your childlike fondness for smilies.

Boil your face for soup.

UMM fish soup

Ask your fishmonger for trimmings and heads from white fish, not oily ones (make sure to warn him in advance so he can get them ready). You can either make quite a thin soup, or you can add extra fresh fish at the end so that you have something more chunky and filling.

5 tbsp olive oil

3 onions, finely chopped

3 leeks, sliced

1 fennel bulb, chopped

1 celery stick, chopped

2 garlic cloves, finely chopped

500g (1lb 2oz) tomatoes, chopped

¼ tsp fennel seeds

good pinch of saffron stamens

broad strip of orange rind

½ tbsp tomato purée

8 peppercorns

2kg (4lb 8oz) fish trimmings and bones, including heads, washed

2.4 litres (4 pints) water

450g (1lb) skinned fish fillets such as bream, bass, haddock, mullet or gurnard, cut into chunks(HALIBUT IF DESPERATE)

grated gruyère and baguette croûtes, to serve

Paternalism, or the nanny state as it is sometimes known. You advocate this? The state knows what is good for us?

I prefer the term a caring nation-in my experience only the better -off had a nanny to look after them while mater filed her nails and phoned the bakers.

Archived