Another reason to legalise drugs

I would like to receive a complete question;your post lacks a subject and cannot be addressed at present.

Maybe you're not familiar with how conversation works. But you've supplied the subject about which Halibut is asking you.

I think weak people who become dependent might be vulnerable.

Vulnerable to what?

If you can't follow that then you should probably stop trying to engage in debate.

Maybe you're not familiar with how conversation works. But you've supplied the subject about which Halibut is asking you.

If you can't follow that then you should probably stop trying to engage in debate.

Drugs and their addictive qualities,dealers,crime,economic deprivation,psychosis,paranoia,amnesia,and various other features.

Part of your answer is circular.

You think that weak people who might become dependant are vulnerable to the addictive qualities of drugs. That statement is redundant surely as they couldn't become dependant if some drugs weren't addictive.

The dealers, crime and economic deprivation are surely what would be removed by legalisation, so the risk of falling victim to those things is reduced.

The medical risks that you list are dependent on the drug in question.

Risks still exist, but legalisation provides a way to reduce, manage and monitor all the risks compared to a failed policy of prohibition as far as I can see.

Part of your answer is circular.

You think that weak people who might become dependant are vulnerable to the addictive qualities of drugs. That statement is redundant surely as they couldn't become dependant if some drugs weren't addictive.

The dealers, crime and economic deprivation are surely what would be removed by legalisation, so the risk of falling victim to those things is reduced.

The medical risks that you list are dependent on the drug in question.

Risks still exist, but legalisation provides a way to reduce, manage and monitor all the risks compared to a failed policy of prohibition as far as I can see.

I think you are right about the circular bit-I just couldnt get my head round it at the time.Your way of thinking is far more lateral-I bet you have A-level Maths and hold all the aces.You have a distinct advantage with such an esteemed qualification.

They are alive but hardly creative anymore-Ozzy Osborne,Rick Wakeman,Bill Wyman,and Graham Bonzo Bond!

All the people that you list are now self confessed clean living people. Funny how the creativity stops with the drug use.

By the way, Ozzy was never creative, it was the other band members that breathed life into Black Sabbaths' work. He just writ the crap lyrics.

I think you are right about the circular bit-I just couldnt get my head round it at the time.Your way of thinking is far more lateral-I bet you have A-level Maths and hold all the aces.You have a distinct advantage with such an esteemed qualification.

All the points in Cyclone's post are true. Some have already been proven by other states.

Legalisation will happen, especially for cannabis and cocaine and it will happen sooner than you think, within our life time.

Archived