Another reason to legalise drugs

Saying "drugs can kill" is a basic truism anyway. Saying "drugs are safer being illegal" is the argument that upinwath needs to make.

Nobody is disputing that drugs can be addictive and can be dangerous. Legislation and helping people in a dangerous place is what saves lives - alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.

That gets us up to "B" but limited to a few groups of people.

Drugs are just so cool (if you're a mindless moron)

You've listed a lot of over dose deaths there. Deaths that would probably not of happened if the drugs were pure and not cut with various substances.

No body is trying to say that drugs aren't dangerous if abused, so I don't really get the point of your post.

If drugs are cool for morons, why are you not leading by example and getting high?

You've listed a lot of over dose deaths there. Deaths that would probably not of happened if the drugs were pure and not cut with various substances.

Back to stupid arguments.

Of course they would have died as would all the murders done by drug addicts while they were off their heads on their crap.

That's the basic point you lot totally ignore in an attempt to get the daft idea going.

Drug users are foolish at the very best and will always do dangerous/daft things regardless of the legality of their stupidity.

The kid I nearly killed because he was in a drug stupor in the middle of the road would still have been there if the drug was legal.

If I'd run him over, I may have crashed and hurt my passenger or myself.

It may have just been damage to my van but why should I have to pay for him being a cretin?

I thought he was the victim of a road accident when I called the ambulance.

If I'd realised he was a victim of his own stupidity, I would probably have left him for dead in the hope he would stuff it before anyone found him.

I recall the operator asking me to check his airways; I refused to touch him and told her to sod off when she insisted.

I saw no reason to risk my health to save an idiot.

The kid I nearly killed because he was in a drug stupor in the middle of the road would still have been there if the drug was legal.

If I'd run him over

Yet the drug was illegal and he was still there. Is your point that it should be illegal because idiots stand in the middle of the road, or that it should be legal because idiots stand in the middle of the road? The conclusion is ultimately the same - only idiots stand in the middle of the road.

Alcohol is the worst drug for causing people to behave foolishly. I remember a couple up Mosborough who laid down in the middle of the road for a quick snog on their way home from the pub, and a bus killed them.

If you can make your next post without calling anyone stupid I'll give you a present. I like to reward wit. ;)

Back to stupid arguments.

Of course they would have died as would all the murders done by drug addicts while they were off their heads on their crap.

That's the basic point you lot totally ignore in an attempt to get the daft idea going.

Drug users are foolish at the very best and will always do dangerous/daft things regardless of the legality of their stupidity.

If I'd run him over, I may have crashed and hurt my passenger or myself.

It may have just been damage to my van but why should I have to pay for him being a cretin?

I thought he was the victim of a road accident when I called the ambulance.

If I'd realised he was a victim of his own stupidity, I would probably have left him for dead in the hope he would stuff it before anyone found him.

I recall the operator asking me to check his airways; I refused to touch him and told her to sod off when she insisted.

I saw no reason to risk my health to save an idiot.

But the main reason for heroin over doses is due to the varying purity of the drug. Users don't know how strong the drug is and end up taking too much. This wouldn't happen if the drug was legal and 100% pure every time.

Your problem is the fact that you don't like drugs but the thing is, they aren't going away. People will continue to use them and there's nothing you can do about it.

But the main reason for heroin over doses is due to the varying purity of the drug. Users don't know how strong the drug is and end up taking too much. This wouldn't happen if the drug was legal and 100% pure every time.

Your problem is the fact that you don't like drugs but the thing is, they aren't going away. People will continue to use them and there's nothing you can do about it.

But, as you describe above, some of them will continue to compete for Darwin Award nominations, so it's not all bad.

Archived