Sheffield's new £80m theme park

duffman

I think one suggestion was to have a cable car running to the park (like Alton towers), from where i'm not sure. I just fear it's issues like this (transport and roads) that could prevent it from going ahed, hope it doesn't as I think this will be a great attraction in Sheffield for years to come.

It just doesn't seem the right place to build a theme park to me. As more than one of you have said, access is extremely poor.

As you would expect most of the outside visitors to come off the M1 to get there, it would be a nightmare find it using the current road system.

Location of such an adventurous project needs thinking about very carefully. Unfortunately planners are not reknowned for this.

It should be nice if you close your eyes to the breakers yard,waste oil yard and fly tipping or would that be part of the attraction ?.

If you get bored of the park there is a massage parlour just down the road,all good family fun I am sure.

Yea, but remember that the people proposing it aren’t Planners, it's the Ski Village's owners, and they own the Ski Village.

It's not a proposal for a theme park; it's a proposal to develop a theme park at the Ski Village. There isn't another location on offer.

Originally posted by duffman

I think one suggestion was to have a cable car running to the park (like Alton towers), from where i'm not sure. I just fear it's issues like this (transport and roads) that could prevent it from going ahed, hope it doesn't as I think this will be a great attraction in Sheffield for years to come.

They're on about having some kind of cable car system here in sheffield eventually anyway, there was something in the Star about it a while back.

yeh thats true but the area around Parkwood springs is a total eyesore,this are in itself is in urgent need of development.

In paticular is Neepsend,Shirecliff is not too bad and depending how much was going to be developed could even be accessed via Herries Road.

In reality the best access option would be off Penistone Rd round the back of the dog track,but even that is in need of some development.

In gaining access this way you would have the use of a large number of bus routes as well as th tram from Hillsborough.

I wish the project well as we are in need of something like this to further boost the number of visitors and hope when it is developed common sense will prevail.

Archived