Can anyone tell me..

Can anyone tell me if there are any independent Sheffield/Rotherham music shops that buy old vinyl LP's. I'm getting desperate for space at home and have a few LP's that I haven't listened to in over 20 years so maybe its time to get rid. I've looked on Ebay but I can't be bothered. I just want to sell them lock, stock and barrell. Most of them are from 70s/80s.

You must be really tight for space there Thunderbox if shifting a few LP's is going to make a difference!

I've still got a load of old LP's from that era - I never play them now - they are stacked away in cardboard boxes in the garage. In fact, I've no turntable to play them on anyhow so I don't know why I'm holding on to them. My wife has told me to get rid of them many times - but I can't.

They hold too many memories for me. They mark my independence as a young man, escaping from my parents musical clutches of Slim Whitman and Eddie Fisher and Country & Western music.

I can't think of a shop that buys them - there's no Violet Mays on Matilda Street anymore eh? What an institution that was!

I suspect I'll end up being buried with them - but there are quite a few - still I won't be aware of that when they line the grave with them and bury me 6 inch under!

Derby Tup, Yes, it will only free up about 1 shelf on my many shelves, but this is only the start of a major clear out. No doubt it will take ages but where the LPs are concerned it definitely means having to let go of some memories.

Thanks to everyone else so far. Keep them coming.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived