The grooming of young white girls by Asian Men

Riche

Given the level of forced marriages occuring in the UK, they don't particularly treat their own women with dignity and respect either.

respectfully, MJ, I suspect you may be mixing up Arranged marriages with Forced marriages.

One of them isn't really a problem, the other is abominable, and illegal. (and there's a dedicated task force, that deals with Forced marriages)

I am having trouble ascertaining the legal age of consent in Pakistan.

Wikipedia says that you need to be married to legally have sex in Pakistan, with the male age of consent at 18 and the female age of consent at 16.

There is no homosexual age of consent. It's illegal.

This thread is going round in circles. The Government and Police have finally admitted that there is a problem with Pakistani men exploiting young girls from outside their community and are dealing with it. It's just one component of a much bigger picture of child sexual exploitation across all sections of British life and we should all be glad it's now recognised rather than hidden away.

There's really not much more to discuss

What I find shocking is that the authorities apparently don’t know the ethnicity of around half the offenders.

The ethnicity of around half the offenders was not known but in the remainder a quarter of offenders were Asian and 38% were white.

what I find shocking is that the people who did the maths for that link there can't tell the difference between an amount that is "half" and a sum that is nearer 3/4.

Wikipedia says that you need to be married to legally have sex in Pakistan, with the male age of consent at 18 and the female age of consent at 16.

There is no homosexual age of consent. It's illegal.

This thread is going round in circles. The Government and Police have finally admitted that there is a problem with Pakistani men exploiting young girls from outside their community and are dealing with it. It's just one component of a much bigger picture of child sexual exploitation across all sections of British life and we should all be glad it's now recognised rather than hidden away.

There's really not much more to discuss

The police deal with a small pocket, and then move on - remember Rotherham last year? They need to put more effort in and clear em all off the streets and into the prison system...

respectfully, MJ, I suspect you may be mixing up Arranged marriages with Forced marriages.

One of them isn't really a problem, the other is abominable, and illegal. (and there's a dedicated task force, that deals with Forced marriages)

Forced marriages are scarily frequent in the UK now too - It's a disgrace, I've worked with 16 year old girls who have had to go into police protection as they are not safe with their own parents! Can you imaging growing up in a family where they'd sell you off in a second? Such nasties seem to be more acceptable among muslims than other societies in the UK...

Forced marriages are scarily frequent in the UK now too - It's a disgrace, I've worked with 16 year old girls who have had to go into police protection as they are not safe with their own parents! Can you imaging growing up in a family where they'd sell you off in a second? Such nasties seem to be more acceptable among muslims than other societies in the UK...

no, ladystar, it's actually more prevalent in sikh and hindu society. it's just that everyone is on an anti-Muslim tirade, and won't see that it's an ASIAN cultural thing not a MUSLIM cultural thing.

Oh, and it's brilliant, isn't it, that the police were able to protect these girls, and help them get out of a shocking and dangerous situation?

The police deal with a small pocket, and then move on - remember Rotherham last year? They need to put more effort in and clear em all off the streets and into the prison system...

No I don't remember Rotherham last year. What happened?

no, ladystar, it's actually more prevalent in sikh and hindu society. it's just that everyone is on an anti-Muslim tirade, and won't see that it's an ASIAN cultural thing not a MUSLIM cultural thing.

Oh, and it's brilliant, isn't it, that the police were able to protect these girls, and help them get out of a shocking and dangerous situation?

I didn't mention muslims in my post about forced marriages... Although if we were to have a discussion on this, the girls I have seen damaged by this have actually been muslim... I know you want to see the best in this religion as you have thrown your lot in with it, but it can be used as a smoke screen for some nasty things, as all religions are as they are man made and seek to run the lives of others for all sorts of reasons, some not in the interests of the believer...

It is a good thing that these girls are protected - but police intervention is no replacement for having a bad family that would sell you without a seconds thought, particularly when you are not really old enough to be out in the world alone...

No I don't remember Rotherham last year. What happened?

All those asian nonces that were sent down...

Trying to find a decent article - looks like far right have taken the story over online! Here's a daily mail article, so all obviously true, but the bare facts are right - just the inferences are a bit far right!http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344218/Asian-sex-gangs-Culture-silence-allows-grooming-white-girls-fear-racist.html

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/abuse_victim_looked_older_1_2964443

I didn't mention muslims in my post about forced marriages... Although if we were to have a discussion on this, the girls I have seen damaged by this have actually been muslim... I know you want to see the best in this religion as you have thrown your lot in with it, but it can be used as a smoke screen for some nasty things, as all religions are as they are man made and seek to run the lives of others for all sorts of reasons, some not in the interests of the believer...

It is a good thing that these girls are protected - but police intervention is no replacement for having a family that would sell you without a seconds thought, particularly when you are not really old enough to be out in the world alone...

It's not that I "want to see the best", LS... I'm under no illusions that sexual and marital abuse is no respect-er of race, or religion. it's just that some (like the daily fail) from the articles we read, and some of the links on here, (both written selectively) would have us believe that no-one else but Muslims are abusers, etc.

Archived