The grooming of young white girls by Asian Men

Riche

An ignorant view if ever there was one, as if religious fervour is mutually exclusive to these things.

its not ignorant..........its MY view from INSIDE the drugs scene at the time and what i put it down to

there WASNT really any asians involved at that time, i put it down to stronger family ties and the obvious stronger religious overtones

just over time they have been eroded just like christianity has in a lot of western homes and kids went off the rails

I didn't watch it but the women could be right. The girls are the most vulnerable in society and find it difficult to distinguish abuse from care. You and I know its abuse but a child with a background of nothing but negatives could well see perceived positive attention from an abuser as caring. Reading what I've just typed could be construed as "almost excusing" child abusers which is a million miles from the truth.

Yes, I know what your saying, she did mention that the girls considered these abusers to be their 'boyfriends'. It was just the fact that she omitted to mention that some of these girls were just children some as young as 11years old, so the account she was giving somehow didn't ring true. Surely she knew that.

its not ignorant..........its MY view from INSIDE the drugs scene at the time and what i put it down to

there WASNT really any asians involved at that time, i put it down to stronger family ties and the obvious stronger religious overtones

just over time they have been eroded just like christianity has in a lot of western homes and kids went off the rails

You know you're talking tosh. To put it down to becoming "more westernised" is plain wrong. Aghanistan, not only one of the largest producers of opiates in the world, also has one of the highest instances of opiate abuse.

The religiously devout manage to kill people because of their devotion to their particular sky pixie and their ancient man made books, so a bit of drug abuse or drug dealing is nothing by comparison.

You know you're talking tosh. To put it down to becoming "more westernised" is plain wrong. Aghanistan, not only one of the largest producers of opiates in the world, also has one of the highest instances of opiate abuse.

The religiously devout manage to kill people because of their devotion to their particular sky pixie and their ancient man made books, so a bit of drug abuse or drug dealing is nothing by comparison.

ok einstien, im trying to be rational and logical here but you seem to kick me down at every opportunity.

YOU tell me YOUR opinion on the change since the beginning of the 90s why theres been a rapid upsurge of young asian males getting into drugs, sex and gangs IN THIS COUNTRY (ignore afganistan im talking about here, afganistans different its always been a producer, im talking about on the streets)

ive tried to give my view as honestly as i could from somebody whos seen the drugs scene from the inside and as usual get slagged off for it.

im telling you before about 92 ish there was barely any asians involved, it was almost wholly black and white, unless its the negative connetations of the west you dont like

The first 10 minutes or so of last night's Look North was devoted to the issue and investigating why West Yorkshire police got it so wrong when dealing with the issue. They compared with Lancashire police who have been much more proactive in prosecuting these gangs.

Watch again here (expires this evening) - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017gfqk

The first 10 minutes or so of last night's Look North was devoted to the issue and investigating why West Yorkshire police got it so wrong when dealing with the issue. They compared with Lancashire police who have been much more proactive in prosecuting these gangs.

Watch again here (expires this evening) - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017gfqk

It does look like the authorities have been reluctant to deal with it, brushing off any complaints and by telling the mum who reported the abuse " we don't deal with that here" is just appalling.

Yes, I know what your saying, she did mention that the girls considered these abusers to be their 'boyfriends'. It was just the fact that she omitted to mention that some of these girls were just children some as young as 11years old, so the account she was giving somehow didn't ring true. Surely she knew that.

As I said..i didn't watch it so it's difficult to respond as regards the women. I will say 11yr olds are just as vulnerable as 14yr olds. The 14yr olds probably have the intellect of 11yr olds anyway and are equally disadvantaged. The younger one's may also look to the older one's as mentors.. effectively the actual grooming comes from within the girls themselves. These groups of men know this, somehow using it as an excuse to shelve their guilt.

ok einstien, im trying to be rational and logical here but you seem to kick me down at every opportunity.

YOU tell me YOUR opinion on the change since the beginning of the 90s why theres been a rapid upsurge of young asian males getting into drugs, sex and gangs IN THIS COUNTRY (ignore afganistan im talking about here, afganistans different its always been a producer, im talking about on the streets)

ive tried to give my view as honestly as i could from somebody whos seen the drugs scene from the inside and as usual get slagged off for it.

im telling you before about 92 ish there was barely any asians involved, it was almost wholly black and white, unless its the negative connetations of the west you dont like

Apologies to you Mel I did not mean to sound overly aggressive. I don't doubt your account, I just disagree with this thing about religiously upstanding moral people being seduced by the evils of the west, what with religious people of all varieties committing some of the most immoral acts.

Apologies to you Mel I did not mean to sound overly aggressive. I don't doubt your account, I just disagree with this thing about religiously upstanding moral people being seduced by the evils of the west, what with religious people of all varieties committing some of the most immoral acts.

all im saying is kids are generally rebellious by nature and have always been, since the early 90s it seems muslim kids have gotten more into areas that previously they were never a part of.

im not sure on the exact reasons for it, i aint a muslim, all i can do is view it from my ex vantage point in the drugs scene.

i wouldnt say theyve lost their faith, theyll still call themselves muslims but have got into the dodgier aspects of OUR street society

they taken on some of the dodgier aspects of the west? sex, drugs etc, moving further away from their strong religious background?

back in the 70s, 80s asians wernt really a part of the drugs scene, not wha i saw in sheff anyway, it was almost wholly white and blacks, then in the 90s asians started getting involved more and more

Mel, that's a little off the mark. Do you think that only white westerners can be involved in such things? And that other races have been infected by the evil white man.

The reason you didn't see many, if any, Asian's involved in the drug trade in the 70s is because there were no where near as many Asians in the country.

Its time the issue was tackled head on. Its not really fair on the young women involved, now is it?

Archived