Anyone still not joined the facebook revolution? Like me!

ooh we should start a social network site for none social networking site users

errrrrrrrm

I think you are on to something. I don't have a Facebook. Yet. I am asked and asked and hounded (in a nice way) to get a Facebook already, and I will probably cave soon, just to be able to communicate with people I like.

I'm nervous that no one will friend me. My children have already told me to forget it. I'm not so bothered about that, do I really want to see what they're up to? No.

Another non-facebooker here.

Snap. I do all I can to preserve my individuality.

One thing that baffles me is this, when we're trying to maintain privacy for security reasons why is most of the population getting drawn into sites like Facebook etc. where so many people can access information about each other, is it me?

Snap. I do all I can to preserve my individuality.

One thing that baffles me is this, when we're trying to maintain privacy for security reasons why is most of the population getting drawn into sites like Facebook etc. where so many people can access information about each other, is it me?

To some extent, it is you, but not in a bad way. You are just more aware. In general, people are impatient and only see the good of these sites, not the bad.

The internet has centralized things and made public records easily accessible. Where before you had to go down to city hall or wait for something in the mail, now you can find it online. There is an astonishing amount of info available online for free about most people. If you own a business, bought a home, got married, drive a car, ever gotten a traffic ticket, not paid a bill, etc. Someone can find you.

It's really scary. I have a friend whose husband is a private investigator. He told me that where he finds a lot of info is on genealogy sites. At least in the US, they are gold mines. They have everything. Names, dates of births and deaths, marriages, children, etc. Some sites will hide info about living people but some sites don't. You have to be careful.

I joined ages ago built up a huge amount of friends.

Then, I suddenly stopped using it.

Has my life got worse in anyway? No. It has stayed the same. Still keep in touch with the people I want, and ignore those I don't want. Same.

Forums are better.

I was wondering if anyone, like me has still not joined the old facebook thing. I feel I miss out on invites that some of my mates hear about and also miss out on band gig dates etc. Anyone else get p'd off by this??

I can do Facebook, although I'm one of the stupidly low percentage that don't own a mobile phone!

Face book is for people that don't know how to interact in the real world.Same as this Forum really.

how wrong can you be.........................or want to be

almost EVERYONE is on arsebook, all types of people its not a computer geek stereotype

The thing ive found is out of 500 friends, maybe 10 are actual friends and a few more are friends of friends. It turns into a ******* contest at that stage rather than a useful social media tool.

To make actual friends (like real life friends woo!) with someone is about shared life experiences. Same as its always been. Facebook doesnt have that facility yet. You still have to go out into the world and do s@it and talk to people. Unfortunately.

Archived