Why do shops like cash converters rip you off

Ebay? The for sale section on here? Gumtree? Exchange and mart?

Some of the buyer on here are worse than CashConverters, they either want to offer a third of what you are asking for an item or they want the thing for nowt. Others when selling, ask more than the shop prices, some in the past week were wanting more money for an iphone than what you can buy a new one for at the Apple store.

Some of the buyer on here are worse than CashConverters, they either want to offer a third of what you are asking for an item or they want the thing for nowt. Others when selling, ask more than the shop prices, some in the past week were wanting more money for an iphone than what you can buy a new one for at the Apple store.

That's the same all over though,people want buy things cheap...you don't have to sell for a price you consider too low..

If you don't like their prices then you don't have to sell to them. The places function because people come to them looking for the things that they want to buy.

You are perfectly at liberty to sell in whatever way you want, but that needs to include finding a buyer, which can take time.

You choose- a ready market and instant (but small amount of) money or patience, finding your own buyer but getting more money when you do sell.

I personally wouldn't touch the outfit... I've heard they treat you like a second class citizen, with the same attitude as the Jobcentre staff.

My mate is a regular at the one near Gleadless and the stories he has told me-he once went in to pick something up and witnessed this kid smashing up a telly, when the lad left the shop he asked the Cash Conningvertors what his prob was, the staff informed him he wasn't happy with the value we offered and said well get @@@@ed id rather smash it up, than give you it for that..

Sounds like a great place for Jeremy Kyle type incidents..

So the kid ended up with no money & no tv...bit dim was he :loopy:

They are not a rip off. They buy low and sell high, which is basically what every viable business has to do in order to survive and pay the extortionate rent/rates that all businesses are charged these days, not to mention spiralling wage costs, heating , lighting etc.

If anyone thinks they are a rip off they are free to start their versions of Cash Converters - but they can make a principled stance by paying more for purchases and selling at a price that yields just a tiny profit. Let's see how long they last.

Archived