Why do shops like cash converters rip you off

To me, the definition of being "ripped off" is to find out, after the event, that you've been unfairly treated.

In this sense, cash converters (although thankfully I've never been to one) cannot be ripping you off because you have willingly entered into a transaction with them, knowing what the terms of the deal were.

I think what the OP is saying is, why don't they offer a better deal? and the reason is, because people like the OP say yes to a worse deal.

Double standards thats why

Not really, they changed their policy. They must have sold it at one time for them to buy it off somebody and sell it to you. Maybe the one you bought sat on their shelf for several months so they thought that it is not good business to buy another.

Not really, they changed their policy. They must have sold it at one time for them to buy it off somebody and sell it to you. Maybe the one you bought sat on their shelf for several months so they thought that it is not good business to buy another.

YOu seem to have a lot of knowledge about them, do you work for them or know someone that does, its no big deal, just find things like that very annoying but I gave the item and a few others to a cancer chairty to sell, so all well thats end well

To me, the definition of being "ripped off" is to find out, after the event, that you've been unfairly treated.

In this sense, cash converters (although thankfully I've never been to one) cannot be ripping you off because you have willingly entered into a transaction with them, knowing what the terms of the deal were.

I think what the OP is saying is, why don't they offer a better deal? and the reason is, because people like the OP say yes to a worse deal.

I think you will find that making sensible comments like this is not acceptable on this forum.

They buy low and sell high

not what ive seen of them they dont, i only really look at cds and console games tho

take cds for instance they must pay peanuts for cds cos they charge peanuts for em..........in most cases they charge £1-£2 so obviously must charge considerably less to make a profit

Archived