Why do shops like cash converters rip you off

Buy for a dollar sell for two - Good business maxim that.

If folk were not happy with the prices they received then the place would have no stock and therefore no customers. As it is, every Saturday without fail a line of people clutching bin bags full of electrical merch that they neither needed or, it would appear, can any longer afford snakes throughout the store.

I love the place - Knock down prices ftw :D

Really the "shop" part of Cash Converters (etc) is just the window dressing for the "real" business of selling "payday" loans

Of my profit last year, 14.2% came from Pay Day Loans. It was my 4th highest income generator, of which I have 6 so hardly "real" business

a year or 2 ago, me and my husband found ourselfs potless when my husband was laid off work, we sold everything we had to cash converters just to put food on the table.

i think the company is a life saver, you can get a buy back on your goods and the money they pay you for buy backs is not any less then just selling the goods outright, then when you get back on your feet, you can buy the goods back. If you dont like them as a company though, dont sell there! personally i think its a great idea and has helped me out of some sticky situations and i managed to keep all of my goods.

Archived