Why are 'palestinians' refusing peace?

OK, show us some evidence from "hundreds of years" ago of a nation or state going by the name "palestine".

As I understand it, Eretz Israel was given a name-change to Palestine by the Roman Emperor, Hadrian in 135 or 138 AD (anyway, sometime around then), and Palestine is also mentioned by Herodotus in his 'Histories' (which I'm sure we've all read) - although, as Herodotus predates Hadrian by over a century, I'm not sure what was going on. Perhaps Hadrian was giving it back it's old name? I believe the Palestinians and the biblical Philistines are one and the same people.

'Israelites'? Jews- whether of Ashkenaz descent or otherwise- all originate from dwellers in Israel. They arrived in the year 2488 from Creation, about 3284 years ago. They lived there until the First Temple was destroyed, 410yrs. later; mostly returned 40yrs. later; and lived there until the Second Temple was destroyed, 420yrs. later in 68-70CE. No 'palestinians' were involved.

Who is this they you are referring to?

Ashkenazi 'jews', who comprise the vast majority of Jews today, descend from tribes who emigrated into Eastern Europe from Asia and were converts to Judaism.

Not one of their ancestors ever set foot in the 'holy land'.

Who is this they you are referring to?

Ashkenazi 'jews', who comprise the vast majority of Jews today, descend from tribes who emigrated into Eastern Europe from Asia and were converts to Judaism.

Not one of their ancestors ever set foot in the 'holy land'.

Prove it.

And I'm sefardi, where does that leave me? Please show me my roots genius.

Israel is a fully functioning democracy; the same can't be said of its Arab enemies.

In Israel women are not second class citizens, in fact Israel has a highly developed feminist movement; the same can't be said about its Arab enemies.

Israel has annual gay pride events, but Egypt and other Arab and Muslim countries arrest homosexuals.

So why do people support "palestine" against Israel? The overthrowing of Western, mainly Judeo-Christian and capitalist, values is the main driver of people's support of "palestine" against Isreal. Thats why.

Absolute nonsense, you couldn't be more wrong.

People who fervently support things like feminism and equal rights for homosexuals tend to be exactly the same people who champion Palestine's cause.

In contrast right wingers who go on about how they think sexism has been reversed and/or argue against the fair treatment of homosexuals tend to be the types who support Israel, mostly due to their hatred and fear of Muslims.

People who fervently support things like feminism and equal rights for homosexuals tend to be exactly the same people who champion Palestine's cause.

So in Iran Israels worst enemy they don't arrest/execute Homosexuals and keep women downtrodden under the Muslim religious SS who patrol the streets arresting improprtly dressed women?

So in Iran Israels worst enemy they don't arrest/execute Homosexuals and keep women downtrodden under the Muslim religious SS who patrol the streets arresting improprtly dressed women?

I think you've just illustrated flamingjimmy's point very nicely. Thanks.

Strange that, considering Arab's general attitudes to women and homosexuals.

In contrast right wingers who go on about how they think sexism has been reversed and/or argue against the fair treatment of homosexuals tend to be the types who support Israel, mostly due to their hatred and fear of Muslims.

In some cases perhaps, but certainly not all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingjimmy

Waits for Halibut to post again

I think you've just illustrated flamingjimmy's point very nicely. Thanks.

No it's not strange at all, considering they are completely separate issues.

Perhaps it might seem strange to someone with a simplistic black and white view of the world, but not to an adult.

Archived