Why are 'palestinians' refusing peace?

Wierd how 3 posters are more interested in de-railing the convo.

Good post OP, and well docuumented.

Some refuse to use a capital P because they belive there is no such thing. I'm inclined to agree and only capitalise out of politeness. I won't bore you with the standard chain email that you've all seen re "if "Palestine exists who was in charge of Palestine, what was the currency etc" but you get the point.

Not weird, totally expected.

It's what happens when they're faced with defending the indefensible. Only option left is to go off on a tangent, try the old bait and switch etc.

Hardly, must be a coincidence that the more 'controversial' topics are usually started by a recently registered user.

I just asked for the previous username to check if it's in-line with their usual rhetoric (it usually is).

PS

Not sure you understand the term bait and switch.

Wierd how 3 posters are more interested in de-railing the convo.

Good post OP, and well docuumented.

Some refuse to use a capital P because they belive there is no such thing. I'm inclined to agree and only capitalise out of politeness. I won't bore you with the standard chain email that you've all seen re "if "Palestine exists who was in charge of Palestine, what was the currency etc" but you get the point.

How was I trying to derail the thread? I made a valid point that both sides are as bad as each other. But as usual both sides in this debate have closed minds.

And the fact that Palestine didn't exist as a country makes any difference? The people were still there, it doesn't matter what country it is or was.

True. The League of Nations granted to the UK a temporary Mandate in respect of the Ottoman Empire's territory of Palestine, which of course included Transjordan; and Jordan now encompasses most of that territory. So maybe they should go back home to Jordan.

But their home is on that land not in a certain country.

Why is this more controversial than any other topic? I never understood this theory that new members can't discuss certain subjects, as it seems "suspicious".. i've seen it elsewhere, it just smacks of fascism and elitism. Not to mention certain members keep requesting threads be deleted.. thats always quite telling too.

Why can't people just discuss I/P without biting each others heads off?

Archived