Why are 'palestinians' refusing peace?

The Palestinians do not want peace, they want to destroy Israel. End of story.

Sadly, that seems to pretty much be the case.

The 'palestinians' claim that so-called 'occupation' and settlements are the obstacle to peace - but they were attacking Israel and killing Jews before the occupation and before a single settlement was built.

So their excuses for waging war don't stand up to scrutiny.

Additionally, handing over land in Gaza and in Southern Lebanon only increased terrorism rather than create any sort of peace.

Some people really need to look at the map to see how small Israel is in a sea of massive Arab states and yet they still want to slice bits off of Israel with the support of the European left wing.

Why is this more controversial than any other topic? I never understood this theory that new members can't discuss certain subjects, as it seems "suspicious".. i've seen it elsewhere, it just smacks of fascism and elitism. Not to mention certain members keep requesting threads be deleted.. thats always quite telling too.

Why can't people just discuss I/P without biting each others heads off?

Well people on these topics tend to think anyone who disagrees with them is an antisemite or a zionist. I made valid points above but you said I was derailing the thread. Hypocrisy anyone?

How was I trying to derail the thread? I made a valid point that both sides are as bad as each other. But as usual both sides in this debate have closed minds.

And the fact that Palestine didn't exist as a country makes any difference? The people were still there, it doesn't matter what country it is or was.

What relevance was your seperate conversation and link of "Israel continues to defy international law*" to the OP? It was a classic de-rail.

*international law, as Jeffrey has explained is about as real as Palestine.

And of course it matters what difference it makes - Israel is a country that was attacked by Jordan. When Israel grabbed (back) Judea & Samaria in defence, all of the sudden, there is a whole new people called Palestinians. ;)

Sadly, that seems to pretty much be the case.

The 'palestinians' claim that so-called 'occupation' and settlements are the obstacle to peace - but they were attacking Israel and killing Jews before the occupation and before a single settlement was built.

So their excuses for waging war don't stand up to scrutiny.

Additionally, handing over land in Gaza and in Southern Lebanon only increased terrorism rather than create any sort of peace.

Some people really need to look at the map to see how small Israel is in a sea of massive Arab states and yet they still want to slice bits off of Israel with the support of the European left wing.

So because it is in the middle of Arab states, the land it steals is OK?

Well people on these topics tend to think anyone who disagrees with them is an antisemite or a zionist.

You defended a well-known antisemite as someone who is just anti-Israel. I pointed out your hypocrisy. Unfortunately, one of you conveniently had the thread deleted befiore i saw a response (if there was one). So forgive me, but as far as these threads go, i usually have grounds to believe this point has zero credibiltiy.

What relevance was your seperate conversation and link of "Israel continues to defy international law*" to the OP? It was a classic de-rail.

*international law, as Jeffrey has explained is about as real as Palestine.

And of course it matters what difference it makes - Israel is a country that was attacked by Jordan. When Israel grabbed (back) Judea & Samaria in defence, all of the sudden, there is a whole new people called Palestinians. ;)

No it wasn't a classic attempt at de-railing anything. The point I was making which I'm sure you know is that both sides are as bad as each other. Ok replace International law with UN resolutions.

Does it matter what the people are called? they could be called ****tards it wouldn't make a difference?

You defended a well-known antisemite as someone who is just anti-Israel. I pointed out your hypocrisy. Unfortunately, one of you conveniently had the thread deleted befiore i saw a response (if there was one). So forgive me, but as far as these threads go, i usually have grounds to believe this point has zero credibiltiy.

No I didn't defend anyone and I didn't have the chance to respond because the thread was taken down. I just made a point that Israel and Judaism are 2 separate things.

Archived