Redex should it be used??

slug

best advice usually comes from owners of the same car. Is their an owners forum?

Some recommend it to clear the valves and stuff others prefer a "mucky" car.I once used it in a diesel Iveco horsebox and it never ran properly again.

On the Peugeot forum I frequent all diesel owners use this:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_255221_productId_370465_langId_-1?cm_mmc=Shopping-_-Google%20Product%20Search-_-Car%20Care%20%26%20Maintenance%2FEngine%20Oils%20%26%20Car%20Fluids%2FFuel%20%26%20Oil%20Additives-_-Millers%20Diesel%20Power%20Sport%204%20500ml&source=shopping

And it really does work. I drive the same journey week in week out and get around 550 miles out of a tank, give or take 10.

Since using this I easily get 600 miles now. No smoking on start up and much smoother running.

I used the petrol variant on my old Polo. I ignored the instructions and dumped a full bottle in with 1/2 a tank (about 17 litres) of fuel about 2 days before it went on a Rolling Road day. Seemed to do it a world of good as the result came back at 4bhp over standard. The car was standard, I was getting it tested to set a benchmark for testing a new ECU map chip to check it's claims.

A lot of crap came out of the exhaust for about a week. It was like I was running an overboosted diesel with the crap all over my bootlid :hihi:

Car still runs fine now so I have no quarms about using it. I stick the maintainence measure in once a month (IIRC it's about 50ml/tank)

Archived