More upmarket joint

Babooshka

Christians at Beauchief. I went there a few months back, and it was really quite good. Great music. Pleasant atmosphere.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. Off to Leopold Square etc very shortly.

Don't think there is anywhere better. Bring back the glitzy cocktail bar, I say!!!!

• 5 months later...

Just realised I'm replying to a thread that's quite old... Anyway, Sheffield lacks upmarket places in the city centre. There isn't the demand imho.

I've recently discovered Harrisons off West Street. Seems fairly relaxed in there and away from the West Street crowds. A decent little run of bars could be had from Dada, up to Revolucion de Cuba and Harrisons. Not exactly upmarket but not full of scrotes either.

I don't know about upmarket but I would say that The Wig and Pen, Browns and All Bar One all cater for the slightly older crowd that may want to chat and eat and not be drowned out by the music. These are probably also the three priciest bars in the city centre. I also quite like the Bars in the Leopold and the St Pauls Hotel.

I am also a fan of the early bar in Nonnas where from 5-7 2 glasses of wine may be purchased for £5 as well as 2-1 on cocktails and especially on a friday where there is a good complimentary buffet

Just remembered Piccolinos has a nice bar

Archived