Using your lights from new asda

I'm not saying it's necessary but some light is better than none.
I was saying no lights is better than some
Nope, the fault lies fairly and squarely on the drivers shoulders. They are responsible for the actions they take when driving their car....not Asda.
We are all responsible for our actions. As an a-side, Asda might not need to light up their car park like a football ground.

Nope, the fault lies fairly and squarely on the drivers shoulders. They are responsible for the actions they take when driving their car....not Asda.

As an aside, I was amazed at how many vehicles were travelling in the outside lane on the A1M last Sunday. Conditions were very foggy, road wet, and still cars travelling with no lights or just side lights in excess of 70/80 mph. You'd think that after seeing the carnage on the M5 at Taunton the other week they'd be a tad more responsible.

It seems quite evident that there are some motorists that couldn't give a toss who they kill.

Granted- early morning (for me) and I used the wrong words. It's the responsibility of the driver to use appropriate lighting, but it's a contributory factor to their decision (or indecision) not to turn their lights on that they didn't need them when they got into the car.

As for using the motorway without lights, that's definitely idiocy.

If its dark enough to have your lights on, or if it is dark full stop. How are you going to be able to read a reflective sign telling you to put your lights on with no headlamps illuminated.

Its the drivers responsibility to ensure their vehicle is safe for use on the road for the conditions in which they are driving. If its dark outside, regardless of the light in a car park, putting you lights on should be automatic.

ASDA have a right surely to ensure their car park is sufficiently light to comply with various health and safety reasons. It not their responsibility to ensure that all motorists leaving the area are doing so in a safe manner. That is surely down to the drivers.

get yourself a car like mine as it turns the lights on as soon as it starts to go dark, ive never turned the lights on once in 3 years, come to think of it it turns the wipers on aswell if it rains

C'mon, admit it, you've got a chauffeur haven't you!

I'm convinced some of them think they'll get a leccy bill if they switch them on! :o

You do.

It is the same if you use the aircon all the time. It puts extra load on the engine and you use more fuel. Nothing in this life comes for free.

The cost of running a 60W bulb on your car is far higher than running a 60W bulb in your home.

Archived