Immoral / Illegal stuff you do regular but have no conscience about?

There are certain things in life we all do (to a greater or lesser extent) in life but yet have no real guilt or shame for in doing them, we are only concerned in getting caught and the consequences which may follow.

I for example when I was on the dole had no guilt about doing work for cash in hand and not declaring it when I signed on, I also take cannabis and buy red diesel for my car, I personally do not feel any guilty for doing these illegal activities even though I understand and know why it is deemed as 'Immoral' and why they're illegal.

So what do you do which would is considered in UK law as illegal, or what have / do you do which by most folk would be deemed immoral, even though it is legal in the UK?

There are certain things in life we all do (to a greater or lesser extent) in life but yet have no real guilt or shame for in doing them, we are only concerned in getting caught and the consequences which may follow.

I for example when I was on the dole had no guilt about doing work for cash in hand and not declaring it when I signed on, I also take cannabis and buy red diesel for my car, I personally do not feel any guilty for doing these illegal activities even though I understand and know why it is deemed as 'Immoral' and why they're illegal.

So what do you do which would is considered in UK law as illegal, or what have / do you do which by most folk would be deemed immoral, even though it is legal in the UK?

Dogs often urinate in public spaces, despite the fact they live alongside humans.

Our dog becomes angry if he is trying to have a poop in the park, and someone is trying to stroke him at the same time

On a serious note, if you are in a fanancially desperate positon, you will be more likely to do things like you mentioned.

YOu are not immoral, just trying to make ends meet. Most people would do the same.

On a serious note, if you are in a fanancially desperate positon, you will be more likely to do things like you mentioned.

YOu are not immoral, just trying to make ends meet. Most people would do the same.

I already had enough money to live comfortably for food and heating, I just wanted Sky TV and enough money to visit friends and drive to Manchester, nothing to do with making ends meet.

Well, sometimes (but not often) I drive/ride at speeds between 130-150mph. It's not illegal (where I do it.) - But in the UK, 150mph would probably be: "Go to Jail, Go Directly to Jail, Do not pass 'GO', do not collect £200."

Laws can be (and often are) arbitrary. - They are still laws (assuming they have been written properly) and they are binding. Break them at your own risk. Each society (particularly if it is a society with the power to make and enforce laws) can make whatever laws it wishes.

If you don't like that society's laws, don't go there.

Laws and Morals are two very different things. You can have immoral laws, but you can't have illegal morals.

I set my own moral standards - and I do so using the examples I was taught as a child and the morés I learned in the societies in which I live.

If I break those standards (and I do, sometimes) then I have a guilty conscience.

It may be that the laws where I live coincide with the (my) moral standards. If so, I would have a guilty conscience about breaking those laws.

If the laws have nothing to do with moral standards, then - although I might be anxious that I might be caught and punished for breaking the law - I don't have a guilty conscience.

Are you a British citizen?

Could you be described as a 'Yeoman of England'?

Did you practice archery on the village green last Sunday?

If not, you are in breach of a(n archaic) law.

Do you have a guilty conscience about that?

I already had enough money to live comfortably for food and heating, I just wanted Sky TV and enough money to visit friends and drive to Manchester, nothing to do with making ends meet.

Then you sir are an immoral human being.

At the end of your live you shall be banished to Hell, surrounded by women who will whip you all day.

I on the other hand, shall go to heavon and pray all day under the watchfull eye of god

Archived