Immoral / Illegal stuff you do regular but have no conscience about?

So what do you do which would is considered in UK law as illegal, or what have / do you do which by most folk would be deemed immoral, even though it is legal in the UK?
I charge money for the time I spend providing legal services to clients.

According to some (ex-)clients, apparently it is immoral and I should work FoC.

I don't lose sleep over referring them to debt collection either, if as and when needed.

Then you sir are an immoral human being.

At the end of your live you shall be banished to Hell, surrounded by women who will whip you all day.

I on the other hand, shall go to heavon and pray all day under the watchfull eye of god

What a lovely thing to look forward to.:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I charge money for the time I spend providing legal services to clients.

According to some (ex-)clients, apparently it is immoral and I should work FoC.

I don't lose sleep over referring them to debt collection either, if as and when needed.

I used to have a chair in my office which had a back support on the left side, one on the right and a 3 inch gap between the two supports.

A lawyer's chair.

When people commented on it (and asked why there was a gap) I said "It's for my dorsal fin."

Debt collection: Good for a giggle.

Some time after I left the UK (a long time, because I was living in Mississippi) I was 'tracked down' by a firm of Sheffield solicitors acting as debt collectors for a large communications company in the UK.

I got the usual load of crap 'If you don't pay up, we'll take you to the Small Claims Court' letters.

After 2 or 3 missives (and I was aware that it was costing them a lot of money in postage) I wrote back to the company and advised them that:

1. I had received 3 letters from them, was prepared to admit that to the court, so the court could be assured that they had indeed taken reasonable steps to ask for the money.

2. Mississippi is a crappy place to live in summertime. Average daily temperatures of 38'C with humidity of 95% plus is not nice. I would have no objection whatsoever to appearing before a court in the UK to discuss the matter.

3. I keep all my receipts, but my filing system may be less than perfect. I told them that I was sure that I had paid the bill, but I couldn't be arsed to sort through a big plastic bag of receipts extending over many years merely to make their life easier. I suggested that I would be more than willing to make my receipts bag available to somebody from their office who would care to make an appointment to visit me at my home, or alternatively would be prepared to present the receipts in person before the court.

It didn't work. I had to pay for my own bloody trip to Europe!:hihi::hihi:

I enjoy drink, to some that would be immoral, I enjoy the odd few drops of lsd in the summer, some would find that immoral. I enjoy consensual kinky sex in fetish clubs, some people would find that immoral. I don't find any of those things immoral.

It's all relative, I don't steal from others, I'll give my time up to help others out, I try not to put anybody else out or make life difficult for anybody else.

I guess your moral code or compass is created by the times you grew up in, how you were raised, and who you hang around with.

Archived