Immoral / Illegal stuff you do regular but have no conscience about?

A lawyer's chair.
IANAL :thumbsup:

I also speed. Daily. Always have, likely always will. Just can't be doing with speed limits, except in built-up areas.

But I don't drive aggressively (overtaking 'on the limit', tailgating, etc.) Just 'fluidly fast', as conditions and traffic allow.

And, to pre-empt the usual ivory towers dwellers, I don't mind taking my medicine if and when caught. Have a few times already. My choice, at the end of the day.

Boo-Hiss and all that :rolleyes:

IANAL :thumbsup:

I also speed. Daily. Always have, likely always will. Just can't be doing with speed limits, except in built-up areas.

But I don't drive aggressively (overtaking 'on the limit', tailgating, etc.) Just 'fluidly fast', as conditions and traffic allow.

And, to pre-empt the usual ivory towers dwellers, I don't mind taking my medicine if and when caught. Have a few times already. My choice, at the end of the day.

Boo-Hiss and all that :rolleyes:

I don't speed (well it depends on how you count it)

The UK highway Code says that overtaking is an inherently dangerous manoeuvre and when you are overtaking you should do so as quickly as is possible - to reduce the period during which you are exposed to the extra danger.

I've not seen a 'legal opinion' but the UKHC argument is 'common sense' (About as rare as hen's teeth.)

Rules change. when I was first tested, I did an overtake (on a UK 60mph limit road) at 135. The Policeman who was following me (and was conducting the test) said " Good overtake. Thanks for giving me room to pull in behind you."

The rules - for that organisation - have changed. So be it.

In an average year, I drive in about 8 countries. Each has its own laws. I test periodically (my choice, my licences [and I've got a few] are valid for many years.

There are old motorcyclists, there are bold motorcyclists, but there are few old, bold motorcyclists.

I'm not the fastest thing on the road -get real! my bikes do 135, any Merc will do 145.

I'm not the fastest thing around corners (do the physics!) I am, however (if we wanted to race) the fastest thing between A and B. Not because I'm a fast rider, but because I was taught to ride in an efficient (and pretty quick) manner by a police class 'A'.

It's not a case of how fast your machine goes, but rather a case or whether you understand the limits of what you use ... along with your own

Archived