Too Lazy To Push

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15840743

Pregnant women who ask for a Caesarean delivery should be allowed to have the operation, even if there is no medical need, according to new guidelines for England and Wales.

The National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) states that women should be offered counselling and told of the risks first.

Ultimately, however, the decision would be made by the mother-to-be, it said.

NICE said this was "a very long way" from offering all women surgery.

Why are some women being given this option when it isn't neccessary? Answer; because they are too lazy these days to push a baby out. It'll take time out of their day reading Hello Magazine and talking to their friends about rubbish.

My three lads were popped out by the Mrs, and she didn't once complain. She didn't have an easy option.

I had 2 c sections but would rather have a normal birth every time. One of my daughters had an emergency section first time round and an elective second time. Although I respect a woman's right to choose I think it should be a decision based on need not whim.....the old phrase too posh to push springs to mind

I don't get it, the c-section is a major operation and natural birth is, well, natural.. there should be no option, unless of course you want to pay privately.

That said, my Mrs had to have c-sections because of a back condition. On both occasions, we were booked in to have a baby at 9am, the baby was out at 10.30am. We never went through the panic and the waiting and the pushing and the waiting - can't say either of us are upset about that!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15840743

Pregnant women who ask for a Caesarean delivery should be allowed to have the operation, even if there is no medical need, according to new guidelines for England and Wales.

The National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) states that women should be offered counselling and told of the risks first.

Ultimately, however, the decision would be made by the mother-to-be, it said.

NICE said this was "a very long way" from offering all women surgery.

Why are some women being given this option when it isn't neccessary? Answer; because they are too lazy these days to push a baby out. It'll take time out of their day reading Hello Magazine and talking to their friends about rubbish.

My three lads were popped out by the Mrs, and she didn't once complain. She didn't have an easy option.

Well you will probably find that being tethered to a sensitive soul like you gave her the mental strength and the confidence to endure a painful experience.Was the wife gagged byany chance since most normal women admit some choice words during the delivery.My wife is a flower arranger for the local Methodists but made me blush when giving birth.

I don't get it, the c-section is a major operation and natural birth is, well, natural.. there should be no option, unless of course you want to pay privately.

That said, my Mrs had to have c-sections because of a back condition. On both occasions, we were booked in to have a baby at 9am, the baby was out at 10.30am. We never went through the panic and the waiting and the pushing and the waiting - can't say either of us are upset about that!

I'm impressed

What did you do for a job?

Precision grinder?

Was the wife gagged byany chance since most normal women admit some choice words during the delivery.

I think she might've said "that smarts" once or twice, but I can't remember properly. I was a little drunk at the time. All three born on a Saturday night. True story.

For thousands of years, women had to endure childbirth with no pain relief, now there is pain relief aplenty and interventions if necessary. A c-section is a major op not without risk and prepping and staffing a theatre is very resource intensive as is the follow up and aftercare of the op, the current system is already under enormous strain. It never even occured to me to request a Caesarian. No woman relishes the prospect of childbirth but it is a means to an end. We live in a quick fix society where there is an expectation of instant gratification.

Archived