Too Lazy To Push

Anyway, it was jojothecool who first introduced this facile kidney stone analogy in the context of men, and I presume this means women who have not given birth, not having the right to comment on this issue. Presumably, the extension of this argument is also women who have had elective Caesarians and never experienced any aspect of natural childbirth, are also excluded from comment? I would have had some sympathy with the kidney stone argument had the position been that vaginal birth without any pain relief is what we should be aspiring for, which isn't, just that the practice of rotuine caesarians where there is no medical need is totally unjustified.

My mother gave birth to me at the end of October. It was a difficult labour lasting 37 hours and she was utterly exhausted at the end of it. Fast forward to late December my mum finds out she is pregnant again, so all throughout her 2nd pregnancy she had a newborn to care for. When the time came to give birth to my sister, my mum opted for a c-section as it was neither a case of being to posh or too lazy to push but a case of being to exhausted to push.

Stretch marks fade, rather than disappear. I do think that as quisquose observed, that there is this exaggerated meme that vaginal childbirth is so horrific and must be avoided at all costs, as well as this myth that a Caesarian is no worse than a tooth extraction.

Natural childbirth has to be the best option because its been perfected over millions of years of evolution..

I gave birth naturally to my daughter, and honestly it was the thing that started the bond between me and her post-pregnancy.

If they don't want to push, then IMO they shouldn't get pregnant. It's simple. If there is a MEDICAL need for a c-section, then they should have one.

But otherwise, adopt! Seriously.

But that's just my opinion.

I gave birth naturally to my daughter, and honestly it was the thing that started the bond between me and her post-pregnancy.

If they don't want to push, then IMO they shouldn't get pregnant. It's simple. If there is a MEDICAL need for a c-section, then they should have one.

But otherwise, adopt! Seriously.

But that's just my opinion.

long time no see sazz hows you and the little un going? been a while now

long time no see sazz hows you and the little un going? been a while now

Hey smelly melly. xD

Yeah me and Kelsi-Mae are fine. She's 5 month old now. xD And I know, kept forgetting about this place, but I been banned on another website I go on for a few days, so thought I'd come back on for a bit. xD

Hows you?

-------------------------

Anyway, back on topic. :hihi:

Yes it's natural to be scared of labour and childbirth, especially if it's your first baby, and when you hear all the horror stories, but you'll never know until you face it.

Lord knows I was terrified throughout my whole pregnancy of labour, and near the end of my pregnancy, I was asking my partner at the time to take over and finish it for me. :P

But I did it. Didn't even know what I was worried about.

In labour for just over 7 and a half hours, at home, no pain relief, no stitches, no complications.

Was recovered within 2 days. I was able to look after my child without worrying about stitches coming out or when my next medications were.

Wouldn't have been able to if I had had a C-section.

My mother gave birth to me at the end of October. It was a difficult labour lasting 37 hours and she was utterly exhausted at the end of it. Fast forward to late December my mum finds out she is pregnant again, so all throughout her 2nd pregnancy she had a newborn to care for. When the time came to give birth to my sister, my mum opted for a c-section as it was neither a case of being to posh or too lazy to push but a case of being to exhausted to push.

From my earlier post of my wife's experiences.

First birth, 49 hour labour, utterly exhausted.

Second birth, most fantastic experience of her life, .. and mine.

Hey smelly melly. xD

Yeah me and Kelsi-Mae are fine. She's 5 month old now. xD And I know, kept forgetting about this place, but I been banned on another website I go on for a few days, so thought I'd come back on for a bit. xD

Hows you?

fine ta

i keep seeing you on msn but left you to it, ill say ello next time

erm ill stop taking this thread off topic now

Hey smelly melly. xD

Hows you?

-------------------------

Anyway, back on topic. :hihi:

Yes it's natural to be scared of labour and childbirth, especially if it's your first baby, and when you hear all the horror stories, but you'll never know until you face it.

Lord knows I was terrified throughout my whole pregnancy of labour, and near the end of my pregnancy, I was asking my partner at the time to take over and finish it for me. :P

But I did it. Didn't even know what I was worried about.

In labour for just over 7 and a half hours, at home, no pain relief, no stitches, no complications.

Was recovered within 2 days. I was able to look after my child without worrying about stitches coming out or when my next medications were.

Wouldn't have been able to if I had had a C-section.

How refreshing to hear. We're all lead to believe that it's akin to open heart surgery without an anaesthetic and the only way is C-section. Congratulations, by the way.

Archived