Too Lazy To Push

C-Section is really easy for the woman if they're with a caring man who is prepared to wait on them hand and foot for a week while they recover.

The rewarding bit of childbirth is the baby, not the way in which it arrives.

It takes longer than a week to recover. But I see what you're saying.

I love how 90% of people commenting appear to be men.

Until you have to go through it or even think of going through it, your opinion is worth nothing.

What a ridiculous statement. Have you been murdered? Do you have an opinion on it?

It's quite clear that you can have a valid opinion on something which you haven't experienced. And an opinion based on the cost to the NHS of unnecessary procedures being done simply because they are asked for is a reasonable opinion to share.

Im not, and dont really plan on being so due to a fear of giving birth (thanks to seeing a one on VHS tape in high school - BEST birth control EVER), but if I was to do so, it be by csection.

I belong to a forum, where a lot of people have had kids here, and where theyve been unsure of what they want, but more leaning towards a csection. The midwives were telling them there will be less of a connection with their child and they wont be able to breastfeed, yadda yadda. Making them feel guilty and less of a mother because of their choices. If thats not bullying I dont know what is. A woman shouldnt be made feel guilty on how she wants to bring her child into this world.

You're right, they should be told that it's not a choice unless there's a medical need for it or they want to pay for it privately.

What a ridiculous statement. Have you been murdered? Do you have an opinion on it?

It's quite clear that you can have a valid opinion on something which you haven't experienced. And an opinion based on the cost to the NHS of unnecessary procedures being done simply because they are asked for is a reasonable opinion to share.

I think it is unreasonable to say that women are being 'lazy' in childbirth when you do not, and cannot, have any idea what you're talking about.

Tell you what, next time you have to pass kidney stones through your willy-hole, I'll tell you to man up and get on with it, as it would cost too much on the NHS to receive treatment.

Seriously, this is an issue for women and their supportive partners to deal with, not a load of judgemental misogynists.

Lazy is probably a bad choice of words I agree, but people are still entitled to have an opinion on things that have not or cannot happen to them.

Passing a kidney stone is I suppose natural, as is dying. There are some things we routinely expect to be dealt with by medical intervention, and others that we don't. Not being able to go through something yourself doesn't stop you having an opinion on which those things are.

If this were purely an issue for women and their partners (well I have a female partner and so qualify anyway) then they'd be the only ones who'd have to pay for it. They aren't though, we all pay for the NHS and we are all entitled to opinions on elective surgery and when it should be available simply for asking.

How fascinating that the OP is a man.

I'm sure you're an expert in childbirth.... !!!

Why can't a man be an expert in childbirth? Why does him not having the correct parts to give birth omit him from having knowledge about the facts of childbirth.

Back to the OP...

My opinion is, there should only be a choice if the life of the baby and/or mother is in mortal danger. These operations are vastly expensive, they take up the time of threatre teams, block threatre beds and divert resources from much more important surgical procedures.

It takes longer than a week to recover. But I see what you're saying.

Do you really think you 'recover' after a week?

God gave you a daughter and you will 'recover' in a week?

Not quite (and I know, Alyssia, (that you understand this too) that there is, as yet ´, no obligation to give a name

Talk to the rabbi, Not easy to explain.,)

Archived