Woman commits suicide by burning herself alive

I don't think that it's a case of having great courage to commit suicide or that the person even considers the effect it will have on others a thought. If someone is so poorly that they think the only way to stop their torment and distress is to kill themselves, I doubt that they will have the capacity to think about how their death will affect others.

O.K so say YOU are so poorly that you think suicide is the only viable option,you are married with kids,would you not think about how your death would affect them?

O.K so say YOU are so poorly that you think suicide is the only viable option,you are married with kids,would you not think about how your death would affect them?

Hard to believe they wouldn't but people who take that route will be seriously I'll, desperate or both.

Maybe we could only ever understand it if we found ourselves in that place.

Do you think that anybody who is already contemplating suicide can cope with the extra guilt that thinking of other people and how badly they are affecting them will cause?

Mental illness often doesn't leave the space to think of others, while sufferers are in their own personal hells.

Daven is right, someone who has reached rock bottom does not have these thought processes and very often they will believe that their family is better off without them. They feel worthless, unable to continue in the living hell that they have found themselves in.

Archived