Woman commits suicide by burning herself alive

Do you think that anybody who is already contemplating suicide can cope with the extra guilt that thinking of other people and how badly they are affecting them will cause?

Mental illness often doesn't leave the space to think of others, while sufferers are in their own personal hells.

As already stated i cannot answer that honestly as i have never suffered mental illness or depression (despite 21 years of marraige)

I just find it hard to comprehend that anyone contemplating such an act would not consider the repucussions it would have on their family.Personally i would hope the considerations of my family would deter me from suicide

Seriously mentally Ill. So Ill that they would be sectioned for their own safety.

And if there were no outward signs?

From what I gather depression isn't something that's shouted from the rooftops. It's almost like a need to conceal, retreating into yourself. That isn't surprising when you think of the stigma certain ill informed sections of society still puts on it..it's somehow seen as a madness, a lack of self control...the point your finger at someone because they don't conform to the norm. Ultimately suicide isn't actually about killing yourself, it's about killing the conflict, dying is sadly the result. There isn't a great dividing line between fed up and suicidally depressed I would guess, as they are both psychological disorders.

Well, that's my take on it anyway.

I'm off to bed now..I'm depressed. :(

O.K so say YOU are so poorly that you think suicide is the only viable option,you are married with kids,would you not think about how your death would affect them?

Many who commit suicide feel others are better off without them... This may not be true, but they often feel they are doing those closest to them a favour...

Makes you wonder what goes through someones mind to want to do that to them self, I once saw a bloke walk in front of a train that was not very nice at all,you wont get into heaven doing that so the Bible says.

I doubt that is in the foremost of their mind if they are so disturbed that they take their own life tbh.

Makes you wonder what goes through someones mind to want to do that to them self, I once saw a bloke walk in front of a train that was not very nice at all,you wont get into heaven doing that so the Bible says.

THat is an horrendous misrepresentation of the Bible and the love of GOD.

No Where in the Bible does it say that suicude condemns a person to Hell.

THat is an horrendous misrepresentation of the Bible and the love of GOD.

No Where in the Bible does it say that suicude condemns a person to Hell.

I'm sorry but there is nowhere in my statement I mentioned hell I don't want to get into a religious debate with you but I was always led to believe people who take there own life's is a sin its a long time since I read the bible but there is a part that says it is up to God when life ends,excuse me if I am wrong as I am not fully Knowledgeable about the bible.

Archived