Goodbye To The Windsor Pub

figsmum

For many years The Windsor has been in my life and same for many others but residents on Wybourn have all heard the bad news that its being closed, pulled down and replaced by a block of posh flats! Which i think is huge shame.

Im only 25 but ive lived on the Wybourn estate all my life and I love it, Im also sad to see our pub go, Thats why id like to hear all of your happy memories of the place through all the years its doors have been opened, i know its got a bad reputation but its the heart of our community and for many years also play a huge part of our lives so weather your old or young it would be nice to share your memories views and conversations about our pub.

I wish i could save it and open it up again to how it used to be, Bingo, Karoke, Conserts, Raffles, Christmas partys, any partys has it as so much potental and i cant do it alone.

My best memory of The Windsor was 2006 World Cup and England winning, the hot day of summer, kids laughing adults screaming COME ON ENGLAND burgers hotdogs and smiles all round. It was the fullest ive ever seen it be in my time and i enjoyed every minuite of it.

Just a shame its got to go, so goodbye The Windsor Il never forget how it played a massive part of my life.

Fizzi.

Lets hear what your memories are x x

It's going to be strange if the building goes as i'm so used to seeing it, i can even remember as a lad hanging about by the huge bus shelter that used to be outside it.

I personally haven't been in for years as it's rare i go out these days, though if i do i prefer the castle anyway.

Shame though.

My best memory of The Windsor was 2006 World Cup and England winning, the hot day of summer, kids laughing adults screaming COME ON ENGLAND burgers hotdogs and smiles all round. It was the fullest ive ever seen it be in my time and i enjoyed every minuite of it.

wasnt that 1966 ????

wasnt that 1966 ????

No i wasnt alive then unfortunatly

When Alex refers to Lishy,I think he means Trevor Boardman.I can remember playing footie against the Windsor in the late 60s/early 70s when they had a great side.Alf & Denis Denial,Billy Hurst,Richard Mciernan,Young,Woodhouse etc.They were run by 2 old fellas called Ted Magerison & Pat Mcgarret(not sure about the spelling)Great bunch of lads.I actually worked with Denis & Richard a few years ago.Shame the pubs going.Our local was the White Horse on Halifax Rd.and it looks like thats going the same way matey.Full of idiots,just a matter of time before it bites the dust.:loopy:

Archived