Smoking at Hallamshire Hospital.

T 42

Wouldn't a big sign saying that the hospital and entire hospital site were smoke free be rather a good indication that the hospital management have banned smoking outright on the premises?

the designated area is outside the hospital no where near the wards.

smoking is discouraged and rightly so,but please take into account that some of those smokers have been visiting loved ones and may have received distressing news.

smoking is discouraged and rightly so,but please take into account that some of those smokers have been visiting loved ones and may have received distressing news.

Not in the quantities I've seen them out there and half of them are patients in dressing gowns

I haaate people who smoke near hospital entrances..

When I was in hospital last year, I hadn't been outside for nearly a month and I walked down to the shop for a stroll, went outside and it was that smokey and horrible (I was obviously used to air con and fresh air) that I started feeling choked and felt really sick :(

It's really selfish. It's also disgusting when you see people carrying all their attachments with them so they can have a fag.

I haaate people who smoke near hospital entrances..

When I was in hospital last year, I hadn't been outside for nearly a month and I walked down to the shop for a stroll, went outside and it was that smokey and horrible (I was obviously used to air con and fresh air) that I started feeling choked and felt really sick :(

It's really selfish. It's also disgusting when you see people carrying all their attachments with them so they can have a fag.

You forgot to mention all the vehicle exhaust fumes you also breathed in or are you under the impression that they don't harm you?

I've never had to walk through a cloud of car exhaust to enter the hospital.

If you crossed that main road opposite then it's likely you did. They use a fair few chemicals to clean up the fumes from cars.

http://www.nutramed.com/environment/carschemicals.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/369169.stm

Maybe they should build all hospitals in the countryside or in the middle of the sea.

Not in the quantities I've seen them out there and half of them are patients in dressing gowns

Denlin, you have absolutely no idea whatsoever what any of those people are at the hospital for - please do not presume to know that those in their dressing gowns are not perhaps already dying, or the visitors using this dediated space have not been recently old a loved one won't make it til Christmas... You have no idea why any of them are there, yet they all have reason to be...

Archived