Smoking at Hallamshire Hospital.

T 42

I was at Rotherham Hospital on monday and bang outside the entrance are signs which say...

This hospital and its grounds are a smoke free environment..(or words to that effect )

sat on a bench directly under the sign...a guy in a wheelchair smoking a fag

what is the bloody point of wasting money putting signs up if no one takes ablind bit of notice...:rant:

Denlin, you have absolutely no idea whatsoever what any of those people are at the hospital for - please do not presume to know that those in their dressing gowns are not perhaps already dying, or the visitors using this dediated space have not been recently old a loved one won't make it til Christmas... You have no idea why any of them are there, yet they all have reason to be...

proberbly dying from a smoking related disease :huh:

proberbly dying from a smoking related disease :huh:

Maybe not too - but if they are in hospital, they're either ill or visiting someone who is ill, and we're not in a position to guess their situation or comment on it in any way... Making silly suggestions that they are not in distress, as they're were so many of them, or even that those who are ill are dying due to smoking are not helpful and most likely inaccurate...

Its amazing what people get used to - and as many more drive cars than smoke, it's obviously more acceptable :rolleyes:

Let me think about this one.

Start engine and drive car or van or truck. Arrive at destination to work, deliver goods, take folk to hospital etc.

Alternatively light cig and make a stink then put it out.

Let me think about this one.

Start engine and drive car or van or truck. Arrive at destination to work, deliver goods, take folk to hospital etc.

Alternatively light cig and make a stink then put it out.

So fumes that are useful for you are fine? Inflicting these fumes on others who have not had the same use of your vehicle? Glad we've sorted that one out :rolleyes:

Maybe not too - but if they are in hospital, they're either ill or visiting someone who is ill, and we're not in a position to guess their situation or comment on it in any way... Making silly suggestions that they are not in distress, as they're were so many of them, or even that those who are ill are dying due to smoking are not helpful and most likely inaccurate...

:huh: whatever the situation...smoking outside the entrance to a hospital is unacceptable and should be clammped down upon

sat in a wheelchair hooked up to an oxygen tank smoking a fag .... what does that tell you

even if they are in there for something else I am sure smoking isnt going to help the situation...... smoking kills.................. FACT

I lost my mother through smoking and she was one of those who would be outside the doors puffing away....

Archived