Smoking at Hallamshire Hospital.

T 42

No one has ever been harmed by someone else smoking outside. Unless it was outside a leaky gas cannister as you were walking past. You'd have to go up to them and wrap your mouth around their cigarette and inhale deeply every time they lit up and even then, the biggest danger would come from the irate smoker.

Why can't people mind their own business and leave smokers to enjoy their cigarettes in peace? Next, the interfering snoopers will be complaining about peering through someone's letterbox and being offended by the sight of them smoking in their own homes.

No one has ever been harmed by someone else smoking outside. Unless it was outside a leaky gas cannister as you were walking past. You'd have to go up to them and wrap your mouth around their cigarette and inhale deeply every time they lit up and even then, the biggest danger would come from the irate smoker.

Why can't people mind their own business and leave smokers to enjoy their cigarettes in peace? Next, the interfering snoopers will be complaining about peering through someone's letterbox and being offended by the sight of them smoking in their own homes.

Love it!! :hihi:

my gran was a chain smoker too....infact I have seen her light one up with the one she was just finishing

she lived to be 80 but didnt die from a smoking related illness....and never had any chest problems at all.....god knows how lol

My gran never smoked and lived to be 96. Just think if your gran hadn't smoked she could therefore have had another 16 years with you.

No one has ever been harmed by someone else smoking outside.

Or have they?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/4734064/Australia-demands-self-extinguishing-cigarettes-after-bush-fires.html

A discarded butt has been linked to one of several devastating blazes that swept through the southeastern state of Victoria last week, killing 208 people and leaving more than 10,000 homeless.

Or have they?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/4734064/Australia-demands-self-extinguishing-cigarettes-after-bush-fires.html

A discarded butt has been linked to one of several devastating blazes that swept through the southeastern state of Victoria last week, killing 208 people and leaving more than 10,000 homeless.

That's Australia, 100 degrees in the shade in October!! ......Playing devil's advocate though, what if it was a joint that caused the blaze???

Your comment , in my opinion is a little off topic, and a tad extreme!

My gran never smoked and lived to be 96. Just think if your gran hadn't smoked she could therefore have had another 16 years with you.

That post is so wrong! I wonder if you have considered Shaz's feelings about this, what a thought to throw at somebody who has lost a person that they loved!

Your post has really upset me .......

my mother died at 66 from smoking if she hadnt smoked she'd still be here now to see her grandkids and greatgrandkids growing up :(

Denlin, you have absolutely no idea whatsoever what any of those people are at the hospital for - please do not presume to know that those in their dressing gowns are not perhaps already dying, or the visitors using this dediated space have not been recently old a loved one won't make it til Christmas... You have no idea why any of them are there, yet they all have reason to be...

Nether have you but if the number I see outside the hospital are smoking because they or a loved one are dying then the Hallamshire must have the highest mortality rate anywhere in Britain

Archived