Smoking at Hallamshire Hospital.

T 42

Nether have you but if the number I see outside the hospital are smoking because they or a loved one are dying then the Hallamshire must have the highest mortality rate anywhere in Britain

It doesn't really matter the reasons why they are smoking anyway. People just need to mind their own business.

Denlin, you have absolutely no idea whatsoever what any of those people are at the hospital for..

Unfortunately you will not get anyone "in the know" challenging you on this, on SF, because they will be breaching terms of their employment contract. But if you were to talk in person to a hospital nurse, you may find out some interesting truths.

My gran never smoked and lived to be 96. Just think if your gran hadn't smoked she could therefore have had another 16 years with you.

I would have thought that was extremely unlikely. You cannot compare individual's lifespans and say what could cause them to live longer unless you have identical twins with 99.99% identical DNA, that have had identical lifestyles but one were to smoke in complete isolation from the other.

So much about lifespan is wrapped up in genetics and for a small proportion of people smoking has little effect on it.

My gran never smoked and lived to be 96. Just think if your gran hadn't smoked she could therefore have had another 16 years with you.

How can you say that to someone?? Apart from being rude and hurtful,it's also a load of rubbish.

You can't say with any confidence that someone who doesn't smoke will out live someone who does smoke.

Get a grip! Stop firing hurtful comments at people who chose to live their lives differently from your own.

How can you say that to someone?? Apart from being rude and hurtful,it's also a load of rubbish.

You can't say with any confidence that someone who doesn't smoke will out live someone who does smoke.

Get a grip! Stop firing hurtful comments at people who chose to live their lives differently from your own.

Well said, my sentiments exactly! :)

Archived