Charities being cheeky

The missus pays £30 a month to a charity (action aid) sponsors an african kid

we dont get that much money, im on almost minimum wage, she does bits here and there

anyway the cheeky gets phoned up today hasseling her to pay more :o

they said its not just for the sponsored child in africa, its for other stuff they do

a good 5-8 minutes she was on the phone, telling them if she could afford it she would, and when she can she gives to charities NOT JUST THEM.

i told her shouldve just told em to **** off, she said no cos thats just rude, is it just me or is it also rude a charity phoning up and pestering people who pay a reasonable amount to pay more?

its not like popping a £1 in a tin, its £30 a MONTH

The missus pays £30 a month to a charity (action aid) sponsors an african kid

we dont get that much money, im on almost minimum wage, she does bits here and there

anyway the cheeky gets phoned up today hasseling her to pay more :o

they said its not just for the sponsored child in africa, its for other stuff they do

a good 5-8 minutes she was on the phone, telling them if she could afford it she would, and when she can she gives to charities NOT JUST THEM.

i told her shouldve just told em to **** off, she said no cos thats just rude, is it just me or is it also rude a charity phoning up and pestering people who pay a reasonable amount to pay more?

its not like popping a £1 in a tin, its £30 a MONTH

I don't get these calls any more. I've asked all the charities that I support to make sure that they don't phone me, or I'll cancel my payment and give the money to someone else.

Works wonders.:)

Best just to stop it - feeding third world charities just promotes higher survival rates, and the problem of food:population resourse gets worse each generation - Africa's population boom is going to be a massive problem soon as a result of medical and food aid without birth control, but people refuse to see it.

Far better to leave Africa to find its own natural balance, and make a donation to a worthwhile cause like a UK children's cancer charity.

It would take your missus over 240 years of paying £30 month to pay the CEO of Action Aid her salary for last year. That's assuming 0 administration costs!

Oh god not this old chesnut again.

So what????? The CEO of a massive worldwide charity with thousands of staff, muliple offices and hundreds of people, places and responsibilities to care for and take charge of, all for their 'disgraceful' £84,600 per year.

How do they sleep at night eh?? :loopy: Moron.

You have absolutlely no idea the administration, legislation, regulation and organisation involved in running a charity. You dont have some minimum wage dunce running it.

Oh god not this old chesnut again.

So what????? The CEO of a massive worldwide charity with thousands of staff, muliple offices and hundreds of people, places and responsibilities to care for and take charge of, all for their 'disgraceful' £84,600 per year.

How do they sleep at night eh?? :loopy: Moron.

You have absolutlely no idea the administration, legislation, regulation and organisation involved in running a charity. You dont have some minimum wage dunce running it.

Why pay anyone? People with full time work apply themselves to charities..... Even CEOs! You don't need to pay loads of money to get someone good, you just get them to do the good for free. Commanding that amount of wage is literally taking money from a charity and they should be ashamed.

Archived