Honest opinions sort please

ksms

Hi,

If you had some work carried out by a builder (small job - under £400) and you did not think the work was up to scratch - although it was 'fit for purpose' ;-

Would you refuse to pay?

Would you ask them to redo the work?

If they offered to remove the work and not charge would you accept that option?

Would you expect not to pay - but leave the fencing as it is ?

Both moral and legal opinions gratfully recieved

Thanks

I think this one is always a difficult one all though it has never happen d to me i have often thought what if.

First think is talk to the builder if your not happy in my experience if something is not quite as expected i would sort immediately. But if the builder feel that he is not confident that he could do any better more than likely he would offer discount or off to remove the fence at no charge. it is not far for him to leave it and you pay nothing as he would have paid for materials. If the builder thinks your being to picky he will argue out for payment.

Obviously only my opinion and Im sure many will disagree all tough i never require payment until satisfaction and have never been refused payment there is always a first time..

Archived