Le Bistrot Pierre - new winter menu

mifein

Derby Tup - take your point about the old and new Gusto: I now really miss a city-centre place to sit and read or watch the world go by, which the old Gusto provided. But I can understand Ester and Saverio's thinking - the old one was a big place with a lot of hard work and not a great return on coffees; they did extend the early-evening opening hours, but wanted to focus on providing a quality evening-meal place. But their coffee is still great during the day.

We tried Bistrot Pierre one Friday evening a couple of months back. When we arrived we were told that we'd be seated upstairs, as the downstairs area was booked out (although I'd booked a week before).

We were seated in the middle of the room upstairs, at the only table for 4, with long tables on either side which ran the length of the room. These tables were then filled with 2 very large & very noisy parties. We were almost surrounded by shrieking, partying people and couldn't speak to each other and certainly couldn't enjoy our food.

The staff wouldn't move us and had to keep pushing our chairs & table as they went backwards and forwards to serve the 2 parties.

It was a horrible evening & we've no intention of ever going there again.,

We tried Bistrot Pierre one Friday evening a couple of months back. When we arrived we were told that we'd be seated upstairs, as the downstairs area was booked out (although I'd booked a week before).

We were seated in the middle of the room upstairs, at the only table for 4, with long tables on either side which ran the length of the room. These tables were then filled with 2 very large & very noisy parties. We were almost surrounded by shrieking, partying people and couldn't speak to each other and certainly couldn't enjoy our food.

The staff wouldn't move us and had to keep pushing our chairs & table as they went backwards and forwards to serve the 2 parties.

It was a horrible evening & we've no intention of ever going there again.,

Sounds the perfect place to take the trouble and strife for our anniversary.

We'll be going there for our work Xmas do, third year running. It's always OK, not fantastic but what can you expect for the price. The roast pork is always good but the cheese and biscuits was naff last year.

Last year was a bit odd as it was only a couple of days after someone was found dead in the toilet.

We'll be going there for our work Xmas do, third year running. It's always OK, not fantastic but what can you expect for the price. The roast pork is always good but the cheese and biscuits was naff last year.

Last year was a bit odd as it was only a couple of days after someone was found dead in the toilet.

What was the plat de jour on that occasion?

I went here for the first time on Friday for lunch with work colleagues. it was pretty busy and quite noisy. However, we'd booked for 1.30pm and by the time the main courses arived it had quietened down quite a bit. I had the pan-fried pork from the lunch menu, which I really enjoyed.

Archived